What i get for helping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatscooking

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all new here but not to wood cutting. I have my wood cut up for at least two years so i thought i would help the older neighbor out and get him filled up. I keep my mix of old Homelites running and sharp and i found a 24'' Homelite bar for one that i really like now, cutting through thicker stuff and help with bending over. Anyway i took a look at his chain and said let me take and fix her up for you. Took it home and got it on the bench grinder and cleaned up and checked the rakers and found them way high, the neighbor came over as i was starting to lower the rakers and he thought he could do that so i let him take the chain and go. We meet at a place i found to cut, the local country club, started cutting he says he is only making dust, i didn't have my glasses to look at his chain so i grab one of my other XLs and give it to him and we go on cutting, he was using a Farm Boss and went to my old Homelite and said not bad. Got the chain home later and got out my magnifier and ow my god, i was using a flat file going slow and getting .020, come to find out that was too hard for him and he put a grinding wheel on his drill and was bouncing around destroying what i had done. I was feeling bad that i might of wrecked his chain somehow but i didn't think i missed anything. I will see how he takes this.

....It's the old adage: "No good deed goes unpunished"......We all have been there and will continue to return...:redface:

Back