What the Sierra Club really does...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestryworks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
russmo.gif

Sierra club,etc and there purpose...

Personally I think the enviro end of things has brought some good to various agenda's,but unfortunately the majority of the larger groups are really in the business of keeping the top in business.Whens the last time you heard any enviro group publisize any science that ran counter to there hold fast policies.

ak4195

Sierra pipe bombed and lit 10 machines on fire when I was working in Alberta
in 1997.It was done to the company I was working for at the time.
The RCMP said whoever did it were professionals because all the caps were
welded for extra power.The last 4 machines were only bombed and not burnt cause they probably ran out of time.A loader and Grader didn`t belong to my boss and they were burnt too. The delimber I used and the grapple skidding to me were moved the night before after my shift across the river we were
cutting to and they didn`t know that.Last guy left at 3:30am and the first guy in was loader man at 4:30am.They were fast and must have been watching and maybe monitering our radio`s.Sorry about my spelling.
Nothing ever came of the investigation.

Wow. Sierra Club with bombs? Those are the people who go hiking with ski poles, talk about yoga ( maybe it was yogurt, I wasn't paying attention), and have to rent the truck from Home Depot to pick up lumber for their decks.

Personally I think the enviro end of things has brought some good to various agenda's,but unfortunately the majority of the larger groups are really in the business of keeping the top in business.Whens the last time you heard any enviro group publisize any science that ran counter to there hold fast policies.

ak4195

I read in the Seattle PI last weekend, that a study was done on salmon and showed that the major mortality occurred in the ocean. They planted tracking chips in the smolts and let them go. They were surprised to find that the dams on the Columbia didn't kill as many as thought, in fact survival rates were quite good. It was in the ocean that they started dying off. You won't be seeing that publicized much because there is a great deal of money at stake in improving habitat and doing away with the dams.

You won't be seeing that publicized much because there is a great deal of money at stake in improving habitat and doing away with the dams.

Just like cancer research. We can build a space station, clone a sheep but can't cure cancer. It's a multi-billion dollar a year endeavor for the :censored: researchers. The funniest part is that after all these years the tree huggers haven't figured out that wildfires cause more damage than logging. When is the last time a skidder drove through a neighborhood and destroyed houses. Here's your sign !!!!!

When is the last time a skidder drove through a neighborhood and destroyed houses. Here's your sign !!!!!

a few years ago i guess
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlZh9-NQEyI

anyways, in all seriousness my mother wrote me a check that i forgot to cash, so as i was looking at the date to make sure it wasnt too old i came across a small tid bit of info, in the corner of the check it said sponsored by "the sierra club" now mind you can you guess what the check was made of?

come on

PAPER!

Back