What tools to take when milling?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
may have stirred up a hornets nest with the beer. would never condone impaired driving. use a designated driver if you're hitting the road. around here i can work all day [getting logs out, cutting firewood, milling, stacking & stickering] without ever going near a road. everyone should know their limitations. i've figured out when to enjoy a brew or two when enjoying all of our favorite hobby, [working with wood] without endangering myself or those around me. anyone that's alcohol intolerant should leave it alone. not hurt myself yet moving lumber and firewood around. wouldn't touch any power tools or equipment if i felt at all impaired. just wanted to clarify. better go to the real job now......

and when we get that huge list of stuff loaded into the truck we're all set to go mill the next day cause loading all that stuff has ya sweaty, tired and ready for a shower and a nap.

Ian

I've been watching this list grow and don't know If I'll ever be fully prepared. Ha.
I do agree very much that everything should be kept together as a kit. Will make life much easier and enjoyable.

I'm not going to say I abstain from beer when working. In fact I thoroughly enjoy it while working. Of course the working I am talking about usually happens in my garage. When work requires a creative / analytical process, the beer makes things move much better. Blacksmithing usually condones alcohol for this reason and although it is not as dangerous as running a chainsaw, it does have it's own set of dangers.

for me one very important item is a squirt bottle to flush eyes. seems i always get something in my eyes, even w/ safety glasses. along w/ a gym bag full of first aid supplies.

Hmmmm...maybe, with the price of gas, Stihl will figure out how to build a
saw that runs on cheap beer...which at the sex in a boat end of the beer spectrum..is cheaper than premium...

wonder iffit'd cut straight?:greenchainsaw:

With the price of gas I wonder how hard it would be to convert to ethanol???HUM - the old pot still....Just a joke, it would be to much work moving it to each job site.## (still a joke).

With the price of gas I wonder how hard it would be to convert to ethanol???HUM - the old pot still....Just a joke, it would be to much work moving it to each job site.## (still a joke).

Hey there is always someone worse off somewhere.
We're well over $5 a gallon for gas here!
About the same price for gas as it was in France in 2003

Cheers

Last edited:

wouldn't be any movin' problem, my mill's sitten' right by the house........no kidden'...............

Back