What?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What the heck is going on? I've switched to comply with the official rules, to using what the can says, is GREEN paint to mark extra cut trees with. Suddenly, I'm wrong with the color description. I have FALLERS and ROAD BUILDERS correcting me, saying no, it isn't green, it is aqua marine. Or Teal.
When I say, the green painted trees are for cutting, the fallers will butt in with, "You mean the teal color?" I find this frightening.....

Also: Be careful when falling timber using the AMBER COLORED lense Stihl safety glasses. Yellow ringed trees in the DNR sales do not show up as Yellow Ringed! I found out after my partner stopped me asked me why I was bucking up a big leave tree (there were only about 10 in the area). I said "what?" I had just bought the glasses a few weeks ago and he figured it out real quick. I took my shades off and said an obscenity. The shovel man just scratched off the paint and we left another big tree for it's place a few hundred feet away.

Yes, one of the loggers cannot tell the difference between blue and the green, teal, aqua marine, tuquoise, whatever paint. Since they are in an area which was originally marked in blue, then the prescription was changed and now the cut trees are either red or green teal etc., he has sworn to only skid and work on the landing.

what i dont like is when in one stand the forester uses two colors red and blue, cut the red, leave the blue, then in the next stand he uses red and green and blue if you see red you dont cut, if you see blue you dont cut and if you see green you can cut, it gets confusing when the colors start to mean different things from stand to stand:dizzy:

why not standardize colors with blue, yellow, orange, pink, and whatever else?

Around here, blue means cut it. yellow is usually to mark landings or roads to be shoved. Orange is boundary, and white meens leave it and dont mess it up!!

Lowell-Christopher.jpg

You could use a wonderful shade of mauve...

:laugh:

Gary

Back