What's this on my pine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
Anyone know what this white stuff growing on my pine is and how to get rid of it?

thanks,
Ian

attachment.php

Pine Bark Adelgid

Pine Bark Adelgid...You can blast it off with high pressure water...I am unsire of the life cycle but you maay also be able to use hort soap/oil..Be sure to read the directions carefully, make sure your applkying at the correct phenological time (season). I would reccomend applying them when its not deathly hot out, you can risk phytotoxicity.

Thanks, the nozzle on the hose took them right off, or at least appeared to. I googled it and one site recommended recommended Sevin as a control measure but late April to May as the time to spray. I have a mixture of sevin and malathion that I used last year to attempt to control mosquitoes. Will that be ok to spray on that pine to kill any that remain?

Ian

You sound like my neihbor. He raises chickens and is always spraying malathion and something else mixed in depending on what hes after.:rolleyes:

Come a little closer... I have a pretty good jet nozzle... close your eyes and open your mouth... might sting a little but it's only temporary. :rolleyes:

Ian

Back