When the Logs Are Bigger Than the Grapples

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out this link for a lot of pictures of modern equipment in that era.
http://www.steaminthewoods.com/
My favorite is the Hume-Bennett/Sanger LCo. I have been to Hume lake, it is a beautiful camp/retreat area now. It is located in some of the most awesome country I have ever seen.

Thanks for that link. Great pictures. I spent all afternoon looking at them.

A SMILEY FACE? Who is in charge? What with the price of paint going up, and the price of logs going down, a smiley face is a waste of that precious yellow paint! That chaser ought to be fired! I have actually heard this complaint before.
:) :) :)

Some old guy was in charge but he was too busy rigging and taking pictures to pay attention to little things like brands and such.

The paint? I think we borrowed that from somebody in a green pickup while he was busy watching the show.:) I'll make a note to return it...one of these days.

Bet that truck has no spark arrestor and no fire tools on it either. Oh, remember, we use white pickups up here. My replacement was delivered yesterday. It has highway tires on it and something called Vortec, and something else called an Allison Manual thingy, and I tried to read up on the latter, but can't understand it so will just have to push buttons and see what it does. Oooops, the coffee must've kicked in.

Would that old truck have a spark lever thing on it like a Model A? I drove a Model A flatbed truck a few times. It was the only thing that we could get started when it got really cold. I would drive it and tow my Mom or Dad so they could get their cars started. The Model A heater was a hole in the floorboards that the exhaust came through.

Bet that truck has no spark arrestor and no fire tools on it either. Oh, remember, we use white pickups up here. My replacement was delivered yesterday. It has highway tires on it and something called Vortec, and something else called an Allison Manual thingy, and I tried to read up on the latter, but can't understand it so will just have to push buttons and see what it does. Oooops, the coffee must've kicked in.

Would that old truck have a spark lever thing on it like a Model A? I drove a Model A flatbed truck a few times. It was the only thing that we could get started when it got really cold. I would drive it and tow my Mom or Dad so they could get their cars started. The Model A heater was a hole in the floorboards that the exhaust came through.

No California department of forestry would come glued if that trucker didn't have a shovel and axe.All trucks have to pass inspection by highway patrol every year or they don';t get a sticker,and shut down

Back