Where do you get your blades

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Norwood...

NO i don't like the price, but they work well for me in both hard and soft wood, and several years ago when i went and picked up my mill, i bought a bunch of bands with it. I figured they were only going to get more expensive, and there was NO freight, as i was already there!

I get about 10 sharpenings out of them before i just can't get them to saw right. That's when i ditch them!

When i sold my old Lumbermate, i sharpened and gave the guy all the bands i had, with it. It gave him a good start, and allowed me to start over with new bands.

Are you going to sharpen them yourself???

Rob

I buy Simonds Red Streaks from Cooks - After trying lots of different ones, I've found for price/life of blade, they do the best for me. I sharpen my own. Cooks are good people too, years ago I had a problem with my [homemade] mill, Tim Cook spent a half hour on the phone with me, his sugestions fixed my problem. That kind of help - priceless!

bought 15 WM 10 deg, 7/8 bands...got nuthin' to compare 'em to..but they seem to be standing up alright..

Find the dealer that is closest to you (driving distance). Shipping is expensive. This is more true if you are sending your blades out to be sharpened. Lenox has done well by me. I just spent part of the day milling frozen logs with them. I wish there was a distributor out there I could get a sample pack of different blades. I plan on posting some pictures of my LL24 doing some winter clean-up Monday"ish".# The best of luck to you with your new mill.

Back