Which furnace is right for me?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I HATE the cold windy winters of NW Iowa! I was 10 miles from the Minnesota border! Brrrrr. It took me a good yr after living herein SW MO to be able to walk out my front door with my head up , instead of keeping my head down and bearing down into the wind!

I work for the power company and spend many a days freezing out in those cold windy miserable days.. Your right there is nothing worse than wind. I'll take 5 degrees with no wind over 25 degrees with 25 mph winds.. I flat out hate wind.. Yet I stay living in good old Nebraska. I love everything I read about the kuuma I just can't justify the price.. I need a lawn mower too.. Thinking the tundra and a lawnmower instead of a kuuma for now. I'm hoping that the tundra will handle the job of the house keep the upstairs nice and warm make some heat in the basement and just keep my barrel stove in the garage maybe move my legend stove out there.. Will the tundra handle what I have planned just heating the house and give good 10 hourish burn times?

Nebraska wind... I can't even begin to describe how numbing it was. It can't be explained to someone who has never experienced that winter wind howling across the snow-covered prairie... ya' flat haf'ta live it to understand it.
Hmm, it would seem to me that if the temp/humidity/wind speed were the same here in Ohio, it would "feel" the same as there in Nebraska or Iowa...are you trying to say that it "feels" colder there spidey? That sounds a lil like magic...you don't believe in magic now do ya??? :D:buttkick::chainsaw: :laugh:

Sorry OP, lil inside joke, funnin with spidey, not tryin to derail...

I work for the power company and spend many a days freezing out in those cold windy miserable days.. Your right there is nothing worse than wind. I'll take 5 degrees with no wind over 25 degrees with 25 mph winds.. I flat out hate wind.. Yet I stay living in good old Nebraska. I love everything I read about the kuuma I just can't justify the price.. I need a lawn mower too.. Thinking the tundra and a lawnmower instead of a kuuma for now. I'm hoping that the tundra will handle the job of the house keep the upstairs nice and warm make some heat in the basement and just keep my barrel stove in the garage maybe move my legend stove out there.. Will the tundra handle what I have planned just heating the house and give good 10 hourish burn times?

Well, it will be winter soon, should be able to find a fixable good enough rider for like a hundred to two hundred bucks. They get real cheap in the winter. I run snappers and the most I have paid for one that needed a little work was 60 bucks. Conventional tractor looking, mower only, 75 bucks. All needed some work but nothing terrible, replace a spindle or pulley, some belts, clean the carb, battery, etc.

So, thinking like that, maybe you could grab the more expensive stove, and just spend a few months hunting down a cheap used mower. Heat is real dang necessary! You got dang near half a year before you need to mow a lot.

Choice is made if your looking this winter. I bet there backed up till February,

I just missed out on the tundra menards just ran there 11% off sale could of had a tundra for $1600.. I think I'm going to take my time wait for another sale... Pretty set on the tundra I think but I'll keep researching and use the legend stove for now. maybe if I learn how to run the thing it will do just fine but afraid it won't keep up when the real winter gets here. If that's the case I'll pick up a tundra and throw it in should be a fairly easy install..Maybe I can get a tundra reasonable ..burn with it for five years then with the savings buy the Cadillac (kuuma) for the next 20 years..

You won't get a kuuma this yr. They are booked through FEBRUARY! Think I ordered mine late July and got it end of November. That was 3yrs ago tho.

Northern tool currently has the drolet furnace on sale at 1699

I just missed out on the tundra menards just ran there 11% off sale could of had a tundra for $1600.. I think I'm going to take my time wait for another sale...
You're in luck...I was on their site at midnight, the ad changed to this next weeks ad...11% off everything

Latest posts

Back