Which Leather chainsaw boot?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the Haix international website. Here is a link:

Protector Xtreme, The top model with extra grip and class 2 protective cut-resistance - HAIX.COM

Shows the class 2 chainsaw boot incon under the boot for information. Also has a 360 degree of the boots. On the inside of the ankle you can see the chainsaw 2 protection logo stamped into it. Not sure why it doesn't show that on the US and Canadian websites. I did email the boot store and am waiting on an email back.

I did order a set Tuesday of the factory 2nds in this boot for $195 plus minor shipping. Superb deal and good enough protection for me. I have a huge calf, like a ham hanging off the back of my leg and the 10" boots would never work for me. I wear chaps also so there is no gap in protection.

Can anyone who's already gotten the Haix boots post a pic of the inside of the ankle/leg to see if it shows the chainsaw protection symbol emblazzened on it. I will post a pic of mine when I get them.

Last edited:
Recent threads here have gotten me thinking that I should upgrade my chainsaw foot protection.
I want a leather, lace up boot that is waterproof, steel toed, and has as much kevlar as possible.
I am kicking myself for not buying the old Labonville waterproof, multilayer kevlar boots when they were clearing them out. Their new boots are not listed as waterproof and only use 2 layers of kevlar. The Matterhorns on Baileys do not have a steel toe and look narrow - I have 13 EEE feet. The Stihl and Swedepro boots don't seem to offer much for the money and I have seen mixed reviews, especially on the Stihl ones.

Haix has a couple boots that look interesting. Their 7" Protector Extreme CE 2 boot, and their 9" Protector Pro CE1 have my attention.
Have any of you used either of these boots and / or have an oppinion concerning them??

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Bob

How about this one here, some say it's the best:
Chainsaw Cut-Resistant Climbing Boots

- Ang.

Back