Which saw to get????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliff-1972

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need to buy another limbing saw for limbs the 335xp can't handle.I have a KD 371xp which does great but alittle heavy after a couple hours or so in the tree.I was thinking a 357xp but I see some using the Stihl MS 361,Jonsered 2156 and some others.I see Bailey's sells a Solo 561 which seems to look up to par with the others also.I would like to stay in the 12lb range for weight.Also,if Ken is still around I would him to woods saw mod what ever I get also.So,what is y'alls opinion on what to get?Likes and dislikes?Personal experience with them.Thanks for all imput.

Come to the GTG and try a 361, don't know if there will be a 357xp there or not......

A few semi-stock 026s also, a winner in the 50cc class.

Last edited:
Honestly the weight between the 371/372 isn't that big at all between them and the 361, even the 357 isn't that much of a gap. And after running you're ported 371, it will be a dissapointment to you. My 046 is my most used saw just because it's so much faster than anything else. Just "blip" the throttle and you are through a 3" branch.
I would steer you more towards the 346NE or 5100 if you want light. I don't think you are going to be happy with the 60cc class for just a couple pounds of weight.

Last edited:
Well,one of my friends just bought a Stihl MS 361,how convent for me:clap: and said I can break it in for him,he may regret that statement.

sawinredneck,I had thought about the 346xp also,just don't know anyone who uses one for a good reference.

Back