Who are your best influencers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikewhite85

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Clarification: I'm not talking about social media!

As I think about marketing for the new year, I'm considering what kind of person/business is often in front of my ideal client and would be a potential source of referrals/leads- and I'm interested in knowing who some of your best influencers are?

For me my greatest influencer is the head of the local shade tree commission. I've developed an advisory role with the group and I'm really grateful for how many leads they bring me.

Landscapers have also been a great source for me. There are several who feed me leads. And I'm sure to feed them back landscaping referrals.

I have occasional success with real estate agents.

As I hunker down for the winter and work on my sales/marketing game, I was challenged to list 50 influencers for my business. I'm strategically thinking through what some other good suggestions would be. Hopefully this discussion can result in some helpful suggestions for you guys too. Who are some of your best influencers??

As I think about marketing for the new year, I'm considering what kind of person/business is often in front of my ideal client and would be a potential source of referrals/leads- and I'm interested in knowing who some of your best influencers are?

For me my greatest influencer is the head of the local shade tree commission. I've developed an advisory role with the group and I'm really grateful for how many leads they bring me.

Landscapers have also been a great source for me. There are several who feed me leads. And I'm sure to feed them back landscaping referrals.

As I hunker down for the winter and work on my sales/marketing game, I was challenged to list 50 influencers for my business. I'm strategically thinking through what some other good suggestions would be. Hopefully this discussion can result in some helpful suggestions for you guys too. Who are some of your best influencers??
Private local conservation groups

Police and fire after storms

Local facebook community groups ( I don't do facebook but clients tell me I'm all over the place with recommendations)

* Landscape businesses (as well). Some larger, some small, find if client is engaging larger business, they will generally have a decent budget.

* Associates that work in various government departments are good to get foot in the door for that kind of work.

* Little old lady type clients whom you may do very generous work for, but find they are members of various social groups & then become excellent word of mouth.

* Private schools.

* Don’t use Farcebook either, but find if you get your name being bandied about (in a good way) by a loud bunch online Karen’s some good can come of it.

* Selling materials (firewood, mulch & timber) often find leads to more work as visit property for delivery.

* Difficult jobs that other operators walked away from. Find that problems solving & presenting a competent, professional image in the face of adversity garners some respect & good reputation.

* Working when others aren’t. Pushing through weekends, holiday’s, bad weather. Good clients admire strong work ethic.

I have generally had bad runs with real estate agents. Maybe it’s their blatant lack of ethics & morals or low IQ’s, but I have nothing good to say about the bottom feeding parasites!!

I'm not 100% on your definition of influencer, but the last several years much of our work has been drummed up, unofficially and officially, through one of the many Fire Safe Councils in the area. We've recently had people want to come train with us to glean a bit of insight into how we operate, with the hopes of improving their crews' methodology and execution; though logistics prevented that from happening.

Back