Who wants to make a Diesel Band saw mill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeeVee

East Coast Champion
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I think one could make a copy of an LT 40 with this I posted it in the Firewood forum first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have one of these, not going to be used to cut grass anymore. 35 hp 4 cyl Kubota Diesel, Danfoss hydraulic pump is HUGE. This has five reels run with hydro motors, each reel has a hydro lift cylinder. the rear steering has a hydro cylinder, four wheel drive is run with 4 separate hydro motors.

I'm thinking the machine can flow a whole bunch of hydro gpm's, and potentially be a processor that is mobile.

I also have a smaller machine, a Jacobsen TRI King that featires a 18hp Kubota diesel prolly with a Danfoss and has many hydro motors too.

I am NOT going to build anything out of it personally, but may sell it very cheap, whole, or part it out on Flea bay....

Processor? I can imagine a couple of conveyors, a cut-off B&C, a splitter, a log lifter, conveyor adjustment cylinders, lights.....

Or maybe a tractor unit (the front axle can be narrowed without cutting and welding, it has box section steel that is bolted, remove center section and it is prolly 4' wide) with untold number of variants to it, winches, jib arms, hydro log arch.

What do you guys think?

http://thumb17.webshots.net/t/52/652/5/49/54/2640549540069541497WQJKNu_th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Tree, *possibly*, but I won't be doing that.....

If I don't find someone interested in it, I'd start by making it run/drive then have as a power unit for who knows what or I'd part it out and scrap the steel. I will have a use for a good generator fifteen years from now, so one of the diesels will be staying with me.

The Kubota Diesel is worth a bunch of dollars, pump too. the reels as wholes prolly need every brass bushing and bearing ='s lots of work.

I'm just throwing it out there to my new freinds here in case someone wants the project. Looking for Ideas too, mostly.

Please forgive me

....I see what you mean Treeco. However, this is not my intention per se.

I really do anticipate messing about making these run, but I don't intend to keep them around to sink money into- for sure.

For instance, I was throwing it out there that one of the reels- hydro motors could run a conveyor belt, and was looking for someone to say not enough power -or whatever. I was anticipating my first post to be one of many, where someone would come along and want it, true- actually. ( I will be seeking out KevinJ, who seems to know a bit about hydraulics, just because by being here, he'd be willing to answer a question.)

I like to tinker with certain things, and I like to see someting be used rather than discarded. Reduce, reuse, recycle. In this case it should be recycling. It'd cost a fair bit to be a quality used fairway mower again, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be reused as a tug or parted for its power unit, and chassis etc. I posted it in two topic forums here that I participate in because some don't mix well with others, and those topics I am also interested in.

I'm sorry if I am still wrong, but please recognize, I can be as generous as the next guy, here too.

pop the reels off leaving the lift and hydro...mount a rotary deck and power it with the reel motors...or if you really wanta geek it...add two decks on an articulated lift frame...

Latest posts

Back