Why so hard to pull the rope?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew15

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi people so i have a china saw myself which has a 45 cc engine and wears an 18" bar but even though its a 45 cc engine is so hard on the rope..its quite hard to pull and i say this because a neighbor of mine let me run his ms 270 which is like 49 cc and it was way easier to pull the rope.. I noticed this is a common thing on china saws...the compression is just so high which may be good but i can start my 362 without the d.e.c.o easier than i can start the china saw which is ironic because the 362 is 59 cc and the china saw is 45 for god's sake. Just why do china saws have such impressive compression? Its just so hard to pull..And it turns out the wires from the switch on my grandpas saw are broken thats why the switch doesn't work no more.

I would guess it's not high compression, but poor bearings dragging, the starter dragging somewhere. You have a lot of moving parts, and they all can add to how hard it is to turn the engine over.

Try taking out the spark plug and pulling it a couple of times. How does that feel?

I would guess it's not high compression, but poor bearings dragging, the starter dragging somewhere. You have a lot of moving parts, and they all can add to how hard it is to turn the engine over.

Try taking out the spark plug and pulling it a couple of times. How does that feel?
Without a spark plug a 3 year old can pull it... just how is this possible? Also wanna hear something unreal? the leg of the piston is rusted.. how? I don't even wanna know..it was my grandpas saw and he gave it to me since he got a new one but when i saw that rusted piston and crankshaft i almost cried:wtf:

If I were to guess, rust on the piston is from poor quality gas. If you have rust, you have iron and water combining.

An aluminum piston can't rust, it could corrode. If it is stained red, it's from somewhere else. I wouldn't expect rust from the plating, but I don't know what saw you have. It could be from the ring(s), which is easily replaced, if you can find the part.

Latest posts

Back