Why would......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price is king...

In the Stihl world.. substantially more sales go the the lower priced lower power versions...

A lot more 210 are sold then 230 or 250... Same with 290, verses 310 and 390...

Power to weight? Not a consideration to most home owner level purchasers.... Nobody ever asks me that question.

It's been well established that Stihl people don't care about performance. :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

Price is king...

In the Stihl world.. substantially more sales go the the lower priced lower power versions...

Power to weight? Not a consideration to most home owner level purchasers.... Nobody ever asks me that question.

That's how it is for us. More 510's, less 5100's. The majority of our customers couldn't care less about power to weight, they just want to get the job done.

Price is king...

People are amazingly stu... amazing. When I bought my first saw I was definitely a home owner / consumer, but I knew two things before I even entered the saw shop: 1: Get a Stihl, and 2: If it's a multi-engine-frame, get the biggest engine for that frame. It ain't that hard to figure out!

But, well, it was so long ago that I thought I would only need one saw. For life. So I guess I'm people too... :p

Latest posts

Back