Will Stihl ever embrace the internet????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davefr

davefr

Addicted to ArboristSite
I like Stihls but boy are they a PIA to do business with. Their 19th century distribution policies will do them in.

You can order Husky parts, accessories, saws with just a few simple mouse clicks but Stihl seems to be clinging on to an antiquated "face to face" only sales model.

Will Stihl ever wake up and improve their online sales policies.

I'd rather deal with a legitimate Stihl dealer like Madsens than some "no name" on EBAY when it comes to parts and accessories.

HUSKYMAN

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
But why should people have to go all over for Stihl parts when the Husky owner next door can have them delivered to his door step? I dont have any numbers to support this but I think it will cost them more market share each year until it is nearly too late. Face facts the internet is growing exponentially, one day TV's and computers will be one in the same. A couple of years ago even this site wouldnt have been possible

John Paul Sanborn

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
When I was with TG/CL we were getting our saws through Stihls national acounts program. My price was some $50 less the the biggest dealers cost.

The dealers and distributors Bee Itched and they modified the program to bypass the distributor. Had to go through your local dealer so they'd get a cut.

Still did nothing me when I left the big Green monster.