Wiseco Pistons.... Marco.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oldsawnut

Oldsawnut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Is there a place in the good old PNW to get some of them elusive critters for chainsaws :) I ran into a guy once that said he had one in his 044 but I never thought to ask where he got it. When I was into dirtbikes (yz 125 & 490) I generally tried to use them exclusivly and was never disappointed. Maybe I will try to call the local bike shop. Or maybe Dean will know. If they are dirtbike pistons that someone has made to fit it would be great if someone had a list of the crossover pistons. I wonder why they arent used more since they really are great quality. Unless there are no bolt on pistons just moded ones to work on saws. :help:

tdi-rick

tdi-rick

Addicted to ArboristSite
I think they may have dropped their really small piston line like kart pistons, etc.

Well over twenty years ago when I was racing karts we used to wish we could use their pistons as the Asso's we used were so fragile, but IIRC the Wiseco's were too damned heavy (although it could have been a homologation issue too. memory is a bit hazy :help: )

Jacob J.
Wiseco hasn't mass-produced a piston for a chainsaw since around 1971. In order to get chainsaw pistons made by Wiseco you usually have to order them in quantities of 150 or more at a time at around $140 each on up.

In order to use a motorcycle application piston in a chainsaw requires a lot of machine work, custom grinding, and different rings. The rings for a motorcycle engine usually won't work with the softer plating on saw cylinders.

stihlboy

stihlboy

Guess who's back
Is there a place in the good old PNW to get some of them elusive critters for chainsaws :) I ran into a guy once that said he had one in his 044 but I never thought to ask where he got it. When I was into dirtbikes (yz 125 & 490) I generally tried to use them exclusivly and was never disappointed. Maybe I will try to call the local bike shop. Or maybe Dean will know. If they are dirtbike pistons that someone has made to fit it would be great if someone had a list of the crossover pistons. I wonder why they arent used more since they really are great quality. Unless there are no bolt on pistons just moded ones to work on saws. :help:

wiesco does do custom pistons as far as i know all you have to do is send them dimensions and they will make it for a price of course