wood boiler boiling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBolds442

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hay guys okay I started up my wood boiler yesterday ....central boiler 4030.........woke up this morning and it was boiling any reasons why or what i did wrong? I have a new door seal on the door so the door is sealed right. after turning up the heat to get it to stop steaming I turned down the temp on the boiler and I am thinking I might have had too much wood in it I am going to watch it and see what happenes. however anymore Ideas would be handy thanks

Check the solenoid arm for sticking open...opening should be free of debris....if u had it full some wood could fall back against opening keeping it "open".

If the air can't get to the wood, it can't burn that hot. Has to get air from someplace. Check your damper door for a build up of crud or sticking. Poor seal on the main door.

check your door for cracks, mine cracked last year and i really had to watch it. Sounds like you're getting air from somewhere.

Back