Wood ID Catalpa or Elm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dogsout

Dogsout

Can't Fix Stupid!!
I went back out and took some more photos of the standing trees dead and alive. Thought this might help clear things up with the responses to my last wood ID thread. I am positive that there are Catalpa trees in this row of trees but with the last threads responses regarding possible elm (especially red) would like to clear this up once and for all. None of the trees in this line are much bigger then a basketball at the base of the trunk. I am wondering if when these trees were planted if it might have been possible that they planted every other one, Catalpa, Elm, Catalpa, Elm and so on. I am hoping someone can look at the dead trees beside the live Catalpa trees and tell what they are. I appreciate all of the responses to the last thread and I thank you for that. Without further ado here are some more photos.
100_2695.jpg
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i478/Dogsout78/100_2694.jpg[/IMG
100_2691.jpg
100_2691.jpg
100_2696.jpg

Dogsout

Dogsout

Can't Fix Stupid!!
I'm sorry I should have attached these photos to my previous thread concerning this wood ID. For the record I know that I have catalpa trees in this tree line. What I was wondering if anyone could look at these photos and tell me if the dead trees in the picture look like elm or catalpa. Some posters thought that the dead wood in my trailer looked like it my be elm. For better pictures of the wood that I have already cut from this row of trees see my previous thread.

Latest posts