wood pellets sure do burn!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledude232

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
being a guy who loves firewood, i don't care much for wood pellets.
but there is currently 150 or more tons of wood pellets burning in a warehouse a few miles from my house. the warehouse also is full of large paper rolls, and plenty of other fuels for the fire.
there have been 32 plus fire departments covering the fire.

i tried in my truck, but they won't let you through unless your an emergency person, i guess i should have joined the fire department this year.

Yeah, they burn alright... $180.00 a month when I had a pellet stove... Got rid of the darn thing.

Keep us posted, there should be news links, with video, by morning.

Man, rolled paper makes for a tough fire too. Just when you think it's out, some more flakes off and flares up.

We've tested the stuff where I work, and it takes a hell of a sprinkler system to protect against that hazard.

When I joined the local vollie FD 11 years ago, my first call was for a paper plant warehouse fire. They had to call in 18 departments, some from over an hour's drive away, and it was a snowy night in January. I spent nine hours in my fire gear, standing in a river nearby, running a portable pump. Watching ice chunks float by my feet. :cry: That one took over 30 hours to finally put out.

Caused by a malfunctioning forklift....

Back