Woodland or Hudson mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liberty

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a bandsaw mill for my personal use. Presently the Woodland 22 can be delivered for $2400. The Hudson dealer here has all mills %10 off through March. I can get the HFE21 for $2875 with free delivery( nice dealer). I know the Woodland is China and the Hudson is mostly USA. I also thought about stepping up to the Woodland 26 for $300 more than the cost of the HFE21. Not sure if the extra capacity/power is worth it. A Hudson that big is getting out of my price range. Both brands seem to have a loyal following. What do you think on resale value down the road? Thanks

I would go with the Woodland Mills 26, if it were up to me. I have used both mills and the WM26 is much better build than the HFE21.

About the only place in the world parts for either of these mills would be hard to get would be in the downtown core of a city. Every wear item (bearings, belts etc...) can be had at any AG dealer, auto parts store, geez, even some small town mom and pop shops!

Back