woodmaster boiler leaking water

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric74

Reaction score
I bought a woodmaster boiler a year and half ago with no problems until about a month ago. From the frost in the ground the cement slab moved and the pex pipes pulled apart. We replaced them and got it up and running again. Then we noticed the light going out due to the lose of water. So we added water and a few weeks later we had to add more. We now are adding water sometimes up to twice a day. It isn't a lot of water but enough to make the light go out. We contacted our dealer and he told us to replace the flapper which we did and we are still having problems. Check the door and everything seems to be sealed well. Yesterday we noticed water coming from the vent pipe. The dealer isn't much help and I guess we are going to have to call the manufac. Just wondering if anyone has any other ideas.

Does not sound like it is leaking at all to me..

Sounds like it is boiling it out.. Or losing it to steam.Sounds like it is over heating.. That is why your dealer is talking about the flapper I assume..
It will not take much of a seal failure to the firebox to cause one to overheat when the outside temps are not really cold.

Check the flapper on the door where you put wood in. When the blower on the furnace shuts off there is a flapper under the cover that is suppose to drop shut and control the burn. If for some reason this is sticking open the water will boil and come out the top. What is your temp running on the furnace? If you have the temp sit high and the weathher warms up say to 40 degrees this could cause the stove to boil and lose water also.w

the most the boiler gets up to is around 175-185. We replaced the flapper and that is working fine. I just don't know what else it could be. The dealer just wasn't helpful, tomorrow I will me calling woodmaster directly and see what they have to say.

Toward the rear of your furnace just behind the chimney there is a pipe that is appox 2 inches in diameter. Is that where the water is coming out of. If it is it means your water is boiling. Your furnace temp should be alright, but if you want turn it down so it shuts off at 160. If you get a few days of 40 degree weather set at 175 or 185 the water could be boiling out and running out that small pipe.

As stated in previous posts...possible air leaks will cause it to boil over. The spots where you might get an air leak include: Door seal, Flapper on the fan and if you are using the ash auger setup you might want to check the door on the auger tube. Also make sure that your stove is level again.

You also said that the frost shifted the ground...you might have a line leak. Did you call the dealer and has he made contact with the Warranty/Tech department here at WoodMaster?

We are more than willing to help out.:rock:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back