WoodMizer sale going on now!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TraditionalTool

TraditionalTool

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yes, that is exactly what I thought it did. This makes sense to me, and should still do the same with the power feed as it does with the manual handle, that being as you suggested that it would spin free if you hit a big knot. In essence the feed rate should be able to allow one to dial in on the right feed for a given log/species.

Ted J

Ted J

ArboristSite Operative
Yes, that is exactly what I thought it did. This makes sense to me, and should still do the same with the power feed as it does with the manual handle, that being as you suggested that it would spin free if you hit a big knot. In essence the feed rate should be able to allow one to dial in on the right feed for a given log/species.

On the hand crank, the rope is wrapped around the roller twice but still has the ablity to slip. I guess If I were to wrap it around one more time it could "lessen" the slip.

According to the power feed directions it is on the roller as you see in the scans above.

PS: without looking. I believe the power feeder engages the same as the hand crank. When power is applied it locks the crank to turn the pulley untill you power it down at the end of the cut and it disengages it and the pulley can freewheel, so if I "was" energetic I could pull the sawhead back using the push bar instead of the power feed., like that will happen after I put it on.....!!! hahaha

Last edited:
Sawyer Rob

Sawyer Rob

Addicted to ArboristSite
Not sure where to start on that post, so I won't. I've obviously been wasting my time :deadhorse:

It's amazing how much owning and SAWING a few thousand feet YOURSELF will change all the rambleings you did "before" you gained that experience.

Norwood already offered power feed, no one bought it, because not only was it not necessary, it was a detriment. They soon took it off the market, and had to damn near give away the ones they had in stock to get rid of them.

Rob

TraditionalTool

TraditionalTool

Addicted to ArboristSite
Norwood already offered power feed, no one bought it, because not only was it not necessary, it was a detriment. They soon took it off the market, and had to damn near give away the ones they had in stock to get rid of them.
Rob,

How much were they selling it for? I'm not sure I would buy one for my mill, but I still think power feed is a good idea.

Aren't you using the JP Teele Set Cut Dial on your mill? How does that work?