Wool or Labonville "snowpants"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climbit

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok just wondering about some opinions here. What do you guys like better for cutting in the winter. Wool pants or Labonville snowpants? Let 'er rip

thanks
Jake

If Labonvilles fit me better they are great ... Woolrich , Malone pants are Very good and very comfortable . I wear winter cutting pants made in Finland . I like them alot . they are very flexible and have the pads made in them with more coverage than the Labonville pads Stihl and Husky sell very good cutting pants , but they have to fit well !!!!! The Canadians have some very good pants , but it is hard to get them .......

thanks

Thanks Bushler for the info. I think I'll go try some labonville's on. I think they would be lighter and the snow won't ball up on them as bad a wool. I've always just worn my double tins in the snow but they are a little cold.

One of the reasons the black Labonville,s don,t fit me so good is I,m kind of built like a bouy , they may fit you great ... And they are wind proof , which with the insulation , and the cutting pads will keep your legs and feet warm , helps relieve the leg cramps at night ... I couldn,t find any on Huskies web site but Stihl has some very good ones ......... I found some Canadian ones I,m going to see if they will ship to Alaska and if so will try a pair ...... ..
. In the mean time , synthetic or wool long johns , wool or fleece pants , Gore tex , ect rain gear ,and outside chaps work GREAT ......

i wear thermal underwear, carhartts and saw chaps. if its gunna be really cold ill wear flannel lined jeans.

that being said im considering buying some of labonvilles pants. both the wool and the polyester ones with the chap inserts.

that being said im less than an 2 hours from every labonville store, the closest being like 10 minutes.

Back