Wot Rpm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Have several old pOULAN 3400,3700 AND 4000'S. Does anyone have an idea as to max rpm? My service manual only shows idle RPM. I've adjusted hi-speed needle to where it tops out @ 12,500 to 13,000(checked with Tach) with bar and chain no load. I'm uneasy about leaning it out more as manual advises against going less that 7/8 of a turn. Seems to cut okay w/o bogging so maybe 12,500 is all I can expect.

Have several old pOULAN 3400,3700 AND 4000'S. Does anyone have an idea as to max rpm? My service manual only shows idle RPM. I've adjusted hi-speed needle to where it tops out @ 12,500 to 13,000(checked with Tach) with bar and chain no load. I'm uneasy about leaning it out more as manual advises against going less that 7/8 of a turn. Seems to cut okay w/o bogging so maybe 12,500 is all I can expect.

You should be able to get a very solid rich 'burble' set too rich, or a slight burble out of the wood that clears in a cut for your best power setting.

Old-iron responds well to tuning by ear.

As always, your fasted timed cut in the biggest solid wood you can span with the bar is your best 'H' setting

You should be able to get a very solid rich 'burble' set too rich, or a slight burble out of the wood that clears in a cut for your best power setting.

Old-iron responds well to tuning by ear.

As always, your fasted timed cut in the biggest solid wood you can span with the bar is your best 'H' setting

I like to get the saw cutting it's best with the bar buried, then check the rpm. When my 3700 cut best it was set at 11,500 wot. Then jot down the number.

Back