wound rotting in center

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Myrica cerifera, waxmyrtle or bayberry. It will be hollow, but there is good woundwood forming so it looks ok from here. I'd scrub away the ooze on the bark--likely bacterial infection, of no great consequence. attached is a piece on another disease of waxmyrtle--this does not look like it!

Canyon Angler said:
Yep, you can cook with them. Bay leaf is good in ham bean soup, spaghetti sauce and a lot of stuff.

Are you in VB, gasman?

Thats great, I like to cook.

Nope I'm in Richmond and Louisa co.

treeseer said:
Myrica cerifera, waxmyrtle or bayberry. It will be hollow, but there is good woundwood forming so it looks ok from here. I'd scrub away the ooze on the bark--likely bacterial infection, of no great consequence. attached is a piece on another disease of waxmyrtle--this does not look like it!

Thank you so much, and that article was more appropriate than you may have intended. The guy who cuts our grass has been trying to get me to let him cut that tree and 3 other like it off at the fenceline. I keep telling him no. Unfortuately I did let that limb get too bulky and that contributed to the loss of it when it became quite heavy with snow and ice. I'll be more careful this year.

Latest posts

Back