Wow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deevo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got my new Alasakan saw mill a couple of weeks ago, just tried it out yeaterday on some pines I took down at the side of my yard (now too big in diameter) but tried it out anyways, got a few nice straight 1"x4x5's & a couple of 10 footers before the rain moved in. These things are awesome and can't wait to use it on some bigger wood. My 365 made no work of these at all. Just thought I'd share some pictures. They aren't much but they are something!

Last edited:
thanks for showing us your first milling job. I have a 365 also, and it will definitely, as any 50 or 60cc saw will, make short work of stuff that size. I did try and mill much larger with it though, like a 28" oak, and it did the job but real real slow and it was fighting for it's life the whole way down. I wouldn't want to torture a saw like that much. Thanks again for showing us your debut.

nice job, and nice start to milling.

I'm taking bets on when you "need" a bigger milling saw :)

Nikko

nice job, and nice start to milling.

I'm taking bets on when you "need" a bigger milling saw :)

Nikko

I'm buying a 372 when I go down to North Carolina in the fall, most likely from Amicks again. Got my Dolmar from them. Best price I've found other then Baileys, but not going to California anytime soon. Think I should buy anything a bit bigger then that? 385 perhaps or stick with the 372? I've used the 372 but not anything bigger. I'm open to suggestions with Huskys of course. I did some big stuff today, will try and post in shortly. I'm hooked now!

Last edited:
Dear Santa;

I have been a good boy this year. Could I please have a Husky 395 XP with a 36" bar.

Your friend
Deevo

Nice start

+1 yep 395 XP and a 36" bar. Just what the Santa ordered and surely the best bang for the bucks.:cheers:

+3 :)

OR - do like I did, buy an old 2100 (etc.) and give it a new life so you an mill on the cheap.

either way, Deevo - yur screwed :clap:

re: running a larger saw - keep in mind that when the saw's in the log, you have nothing to do with it other than to guide/push it. A big saw is no more dangerous than a small one - it'll just get the job done quicker. My 2100 was/is a little daunting to use as a "regular" saw (which I think means I'm healthy :) ), but on the mill - it's a very tame tiger.

Nikko

Speaking of 2100's :

http://cgi.ebay.com/2100-HUSQVARNA-...ryZ20538QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUSQVARNA-2100-...ryZ20538QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think that one of these would burn through the wood with a burning hatred of white hot hate. Are these prices in line for these saws? Just asking because I saw a condition unknown non-running Stihl 076 go on there for just under $400, and as we all know ebay prices have long since crossed the threshold of sheer ricockulousness.

Yeah it's still up in the air as to what I'm going to purchase. I need an all round saw for my tree operation as well. I use my 365 for all the big stuff we have around here. I see that one place one the e-bay link selling Huskys online. How can they get away with it and the others can't I wonder. Oh well, I've got a couple of months before we head down. Thanks for all the help so far:greenchainsaw:

Heres some more!

Started milling some pine from a job I did back in April. I have 5 more like this 10' in length. This part was from the mid section of the tree. Got some good 2"ers out of this section. They are all nice and straight. I'll do the rest when the weather cools down a bit. Have a place for it to dry and everything. :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Great pics. Don't ya just love taking that board off and seeing what's under there? And, the smell, that addictive!! What you plan on building?
Harry

Great pics. Don't ya just love taking that board off and seeing what's under there? And, the smell, that addictive!! What you plan on building?
Harry

Yep I've stored some of it in my garage (for now) and its nice going out and smelling the nice fresh cut pine smell. Not sure what I am going to make with it yet, have a few ideas. I have some maple and oak trees to take down in the next few weeks as well.:greenchainsaw:

Back