Wrist pin bearing choices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookies

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Stihl has 4 different 10mm? wrist pin roller bearing designs that I have come across.
The most current/modern version seems to be the black plastic caged early 2000's?
middle aged version is steel (stainless?) caged mid 90s?, this seems to be the version the aftermarket copied and offers in kits etc
old school version has a bronze olite? cage , pre 70's I would guess
There seems to also be a 4th version using baculite plastic as the cage but im not sure about this. late 80's?

My questions are kinda simple, whats the best choice for longevity, strength and function? are any of the versions I listed or missed that should not be used and if possible explain why? Sometimes these older versions are still out there being sold and if one were used and came apart it could destroy weeks or even months of effort. I have a bronze oilite and a steel version both brand new for this 034 im rebuilding into a 036. I want to use the bronze version for its ability to hold oil, should I use the steel or get a modern plastic version?

Id use the oem stihl part number one for the saw you are working on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back