• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Wtb husky 346xp/353 muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derf

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone have a new or gently used (read: not rusted, undented, not cut up or modded) 346xp/353 muffler that they want to part with?

If not OEM, can anyone comment on the quality of aftermarket ones? Is the steel as thick? For $8 is it worth it or should I stay OEM?

I bought a China one, and it looks fine to me. For that price, you could throw it in the trash if you don't like it.

I'm replacing a cat muffler, so in addition to OEM it would have to be non cat. I checked out the ones on eBay and they are all rusted and crushed in, or else they are aftermarket or if OEM just as expensive as baileys. But with two votes for aftermarket I'm ordering one from either hyway or hutzl.

The Hutzl one came, for $8 it's OK but I'm not happy with it. I'll run it, but now I'm torn to go $25 for hyway or $45 for OEM. Unless anyone has an OEM non-etech they would part with.

I really like the hyway 372 mufflers. Thicker than oem. I haven't had a 346 one in my hands so I can't say it's the same.

The hutzl wasn't well stamped in the front, looks kinda mushed instead of well defined ribs. All the other photos on eBay show the same. The two pieces don't have a tight seam, like they weren't joined perfectly. The seam weld is incomplete and there is a gap at the bottom that I can push a paper clip wire through. The steel is decent enough. The bolt hole tubes stick out farther than OEM, and the deflector on the top isn't fully welded on - only 2 of the 3 sides are attached. Plus the deflector has a much smaller opening than the stock muffler, I'd guess it's about 75% as wide/tall. The area under the screen isn't painted black and will likely rust. The threaded hole on the OEM goes into a closed post (no access through the muffler wall), but on the hutzl it goes right through the outer sheet metal into the muffler. The rear opening isn't quite the same size as OEM, it's as wide but not as tall. There's a secondary bracing metal around that opening so grinding it is more difficult. Lots of little things that make it a cheap copy.

Latest posts

Back