Your first stump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffwilliam

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What was your first machine. Anyone buy a machine without ever grinding a stump? That's what I did! I can't wait 'til next week to pick up the Rayco 1625.

What was your first machine. Anyone buy a machine without ever grinding a stump? That's what I did! I can't wait 'til next week to pick up the Rayco 1625.

I had rented a small walk behind but never used anything else before I bought my Rayco 1625.

I wish I had waited til I had a little more money and got a bigger grinder like a Carlton 7015.

My first machine was a Rayco 1620 Super Jr. Bought it when Rayco first came out with it. It had a 20hp gas Kohler motor on it. I used it for years and only had minor electric clutch problems with it. Changed out the cutter wheel bearings about 4 times and wore out the motor. I traded it in on a Rayco RG50. The machine paid for itself over and over again. Self propelled is the only way to go. No more tow behinds for this guy.

I ran to many to count, wayne, vermeer, carlton, rayco, tow behind and self-propelled, big ones to little ones, and the old reliable grub axe and chainsaw with a box of old chains method also. Good luck with your new machine, read the safety manual on it they are VERY dangerous. Be careful.

#1 an ax and pick :dizzy: #2 a 252 then we added a 752 then sold both of them (vermeer service sucks a$$) and got a 25 hp ox and an 8018 :cheers:

Latest posts

Back