Milling Picture Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3120 oiled foam filters arrived. Installed it on a cage from a old felt filter. Trying to stop the fines from getting past the filter..

This saw has been thru a few thousand board feet of logs so far and my P&C look perfect…. but I do see some fines getting past the felt filters. Probably getting past the mating services top or bottom. This is a much more sealed/snug fit..
View attachment 1177957View attachment 1177958View attachment 1177959

love my Max Air Flow filter, I don't know how many bdft is on this one, but she is due for a cleaning and reoil lol, it has been a yr. since I have washed and re-oiled this, I just knock the heavy dust off and keep milling lol. saw is a $350.00 G660 I got in '20filter.jpgG660Muff.jpgG660MUf.jpg

I cant see how your securing the ladder to the log to keep it from moving. How did you do that part. I do see the wedge in there….
Same here. Pretty impressive. Slow growing oak tree in the early years. Questions: attachment? What do you use the cookies for? Granberg?
Thanks.

I cant see how your securing the ladder to the log to keep it from moving. How did you do that part. I do see the wedge in there….
You can't really see from that angle, but I run 1" screws down into the bark pulling 1.5" wide washers down on the lip of the I beam. I do slabs similarly. Shim when necessary. Works well.

You can't really see from that angle, but I run 1" screws down into the bark pulling 1.5" wide washers down on the lip of the I beam. I do slabs similarly. Shim when necessary. Works well.
Interesting,

Relying on the bark for support is tricky for sure.

Thank you! You got my wheels turn now. And I did finish my next revision of my first cut setup. Ill take pics next time Im out.

Interesting,

Relying on the bark for support is tricky for sure.

Thank you! You got my wheels turn now. And I did finish my next revision of my first cut setup. Ill take pics next time Im out.
If it doesn't feel secure in the bark I'll go into the edge of the wood, but most of the time on thick barked stuff it's no problem. It's not hard to hide a little screw hole. On slabs I'll screw it down at the very ends of the slab. Ladder is 4" thick I beam so it doesn't flex much at all.

If it doesn't feel secure in the bark I'll go into the edge of the wood, but most of the time on thick barked stuff it's no problem. It's not hard to hide a little screw hole. On slabs I'll screw it down at the very ends of the slab. Ladder is 4" thick I beam so it doesn't flex much at all.
Gotcha. Yah makes sense.

I have an idea for brackets for this. Give me some time but ill share it when done.

Latest posts

Back