Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremy102579

Jeremy102579

ArboristSite Operative
Like I said, I live in the city and due to space issues.....i have wood spread out in currently 4 places. Not pretty but oh well.

This pic holds 4 facecords with a 2' gap space between the rows. 2 rows behind are fresh ash and in the front are 2/3 cords black locust, almost a left over facecord of cottonwood from last winter and some pear on top of each. I plan on using the cottonwood up this coming winter. This faces south so it gets good sun most of the day.

View attachment 234473

This is what I split yesterday and today. 2 facecords of partially seasoned (not sure what it is). Left cord is a couple ft from house and back one is along driveway. These get partial sun at diff times of the day. I think Im gonna let this be and hopefully it will be ready for this coming winter. I got these and about another 1/2 fc for $35 the other day. Before and after pics. I made 1 mistake with the left fc, i forgot to lay down boards underneath......oh well.

View attachment 234474View attachment 234475

Backyard shot. I refuse to shrink my garden so back fence line (west) will hopefully get filled upby the fall. I should be able to fit another 3.5 fc's along the fence. To the right are where the 4 fc's are located.

View attachment 234476

I go through only maybe 3 fc's a winter....so I am trying to get 2-3 years ahead.

Sorry is the pics dont come out as planned......this site is the worst for adding pics I have ever joined :(

Last edited:
ShaneLogs

ShaneLogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
Like I said, I live in the city and due to space issues.....i have wood spread out in currently 4 places. Not pretty but oh well.

This pic holds 4 facecords with a 2' gap space between the rows. 2 rows behind are fresh ash and in the front are 2/3 cords black locust, almost a left over facecord of cottonwood from last winter and some pear on top of each. I plan on using the cottonwood up this coming winter. This faces south so it gets good sun most of the day.

View attachment 234473

This is what I split yesterday and today. 2 facecords of partially seasoned (not sure what it is). Left cord is a couple ft from house and back one is along driveway. These get partial sun at diff times of the day. I think Im gonna let this be and hopefully it will be ready for this coming winter. I got these and about another 1/2 fc for $35 the other day. Before and after pics. I made 1 mistake with the left fc, i forgot to lay down boards underneath......oh well.

Backyard shot. I refuse to shrink my garden so back fence line (west) will hopefully get filled upby the fall. I should be able to fit another 3.5 fc's along the fence. To the right are where the 4 fc's are located.

View attachment 234476

I go through only maybe 3 fc's a winter....so I am trying to get 2-3 years ahead.

Sorry is the pics dont come out as planned......this site is the worst for adding pics I have ever joined :(

Looking good!

Shane

Steve2910

Steve2910

ArboristSite Guru
Here ya go...

I'm not TOO embarrassed by these stacks of Oak. They're not the "laid out w/ a transit" stacks that others have posted before, but so what. For me, it's all about having nice wood that's dry. If the stacks don't fall over, that's a bonus. Most or all of this will be sold, about 5 1/2 cords here.View attachment 234482

What can I say? I was out of pallets when I came into this wood last Summer/ Fall. There's nothing wrong w/ a big pile of Black Locust, stacked or not. I'm guessing 5 cords of splits & another cord of rounds.View attachment 234483

Locust logs from a score I got last month. Yuengling bottle for scale (or if I ever have occasion to do you a favor, a hint on what flavor I like my thank yous). I thought Stella would be "pushing it"! Hard to tell from the pic, but probably about 3 cords hereView attachment 234490

Whitespider
JULY
attachment.php

OCTOBER
attachment.php

FEBRUARY
221698d1328363992-udws1-fixed-jpg

Last edited:

PEKS

ArboristSite Guru

View attachment 234473

View attachment 234476

Nice Tundra..

Latest posts