Stihl 261cm, I need some help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this worry about compression numbers. Did it hold up by the starter handle? Does it spin over when pulled? Spark?What does the piston look like? Does it hold vacuum and pressure? Crank shaft play?
These are the things that matter when diagnosing. First and foremost- Is the fuel clean?Very few compression gauges used in a repair shop for 2 stroke. Internal condition is the most important!

Yeah I know, nobody wants to hear it.

Speak about your own shop. Many mfg of 2 stroke engines ask for compression readings across cylinders as part of diagnostics. Just because most are too cheap to buy a quality gauge that works with small engines does not mean it's not a viable diagnostic tool.

All this worry about compression numbers. Did it hold up by the starter handle? Does it spin over when pulled? Spark?What does the piston look like? Does it hold vacuum and pressure? Crank shaft play?
These are the things that matter when diagnosing. First and foremost- Is the fuel clean?Very few compression gauges used in a repair shop for 2 stroke. Internal condition is the most important!

Yeah I know, nobody wants to hear it.
Yes it's holds up by the starter handle, yes it spins, yes it sparks, piston is new oem, passed vac/pressure test, no crankshaft play, all is smooth as it should be.

Latest posts

Back