Stihl ms440 tank assembly, engine shroud/cover and air filter cover on a Stihl ms460 case with 460 p/c?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dcelrod2011

Reaction score
I have searched the forum already and have only found results with Stihl ms460 tank assembly on 440 cases. I am wanting to know if the rear handle tank assembly along with the engine cover and air filter cover for a ms440 will work on a ms460 case with piston and cylinder? Also if and what modifications will have to be done to make it work if any.

I have searched the forum already and have only found results with Stihl ms460 tank assembly on 440 cases. I am wanting to know if the rear handle tank assembly along with the engine cover and air filter cover for a ms440 will work on a ms460 case with piston and cylinder? Also if and what modifications will have to be done to make it work if any.
The MS460 cylinder cover is larger than the MS 440 OR 044 saws the airfilter cover will not fit, the other way around, 046 on a 044 chassis the covers are too large and need shaving, heating and bending to come close.

Back