Why do "Chinesium" chainsaws need a richer oil mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know much about the case. Did they block the strato ports and use a strato piston at the same time? Did they install a strato carb with a shutter (or an independent shutter) for clean air in this saw?

Because if not, it's nothing new. There have been chainsaws that use a strato cylinder with gasketed strato ports for over 20 years. Only such saws use a normal piston and a normal carburetor.
I don't know any of that. I just saw a video on YouTube where the guy cut the gasket out and said it ran better.

I don't know any of that. I just saw a video on YouTube where the guy cut the gasket out and said it ran better.
I found the video. This Zenoah GZ4350 (aka Husqvarna 543 XP) clone is indeed a strato saw and in this unit from the video the strato port was blocked. I wonder if they supply it like this all the time. Of course, Zenoah's original patents have already expired, while they have another patent for the strato engine from 2010, which is still protected.

I found the video. This Zenoah GZ4350 (aka Husqvarna 543 XP) clone is indeed a strato saw and in this unit from the video the strato port was blocked. I wonder if they supply it like this all the time. Of course, Zenoah's original patents have already expired, while they have another patent for the strato engine from 2010, which is still protected.

I know more than one came like that. A guy on another forum bought one and said he cut it out also. No clue if their still shipping like that or not. Them had them on Amazon with some kind of discount for like 139, I started to get one until I found out about the gasket. I just didn't want to deal with it
I have too many saws now.

I know more than one came like that. A guy on another forum bought one and said he cut it out also. No clue if their still shipping like that or not. Them had them on Amazon with some kind of discount for like 139, I started to get one until I found out about the gasket. I just didn't want to deal with it
I have too many saws now.

Good price. Interestingly, in the Japanese price list, GZ4350 costs less than G5201, decent clones of which can be found for around $100. But of course, these clones/copies/licenses of G4500/G5000/G5200 have been around for 20 years or so, and GZ4350 is a relatively new model.

Good price. Interestingly, in the Japanese price list, GZ4350 costs less than G5201, decent clones of which can be found for around $100. But of course, these clones/copies/licenses of G4500/G5000/G5200 have been around for 20 years or so, and GZ4350 is a relatively new model.

There was some real redmax 4350s for sale a few months ago, I think at rcpw for $350 with 16" bar and free shipping. Several guys on fhc bought them. They all like them. I wanted one but couldn't swing it at the time. I think they're out of stock now.

Latest posts

Back