Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have two replace the seals on a 2800. How do you guys pull the oil pump gear.? I tried prying with two screwdrivers but it won't budge. Scared or ruling threads. Any suggestions?
Bob

IF your referring to the worm gear then they make a tool that threads on to it and then you can put a puller on the tool. I have one that I got for my PP 295 that is plastic but it works good. Got it on ebay.

I
IF your referring to the worm gear then they make a tool that threads on to it and then you can put a puller on the tool. I have one that I got for my PP 295 that is plastic but it works good. Got it on ebay.
have a plastic puller but it's too small to fit the worm gear. Guess I'll have to look for the specific one for the 2800.

Would the one for the 330 etc worm gear fit the 2800 3000 worm gears? I never checked. I have that one and only like $8. Well worth it. IMO

2800 thread elsewhere ;) shows the one the member there uses on 2800 rebuild.

The Poulan Special Service Tools chart shows the 2800 and 380 to use the same tools. 530031115 is the worm gear puller. 530031116 is the clutch tool.

Last edited:
Hey Brad is that the NOS poulan 12" bar I gave you on that saw?

Found it. Clutch. Can you wait till after Christmas for me to mail it? Also PM which way to mail?

My 2 drums have bushings not bearings.

View attachment 322902
You're correct. I used some Emory cloth to clean up the bushings. Seemed to work very well.

worm puller with gear still inside bottom right of pic.

pp365anflowers007.jpg

Even Mark new of the cheaper ones in 2012 and posted in this thread.

The oiler worm gear is supposed to be pulled with a puller, Poulan part# 530031115. Less then $5 and I need to get me one myself just to have. Lets say I think thats the puller part # as I dont have a listing for the 330 itself and I'm assuming it used the same puller as all the others in that series such as the PP365 etc.

:rock:

Back