Cement filled tree......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a professional tree guy but a retired registered Professional Engineer in a couple of states. One thing about concrete is it is it is weak in tension and needs either pretensioned for beams or rebar, It adds little to the overall strength to tree. In a vertical column the one side is in tension and will crack without reinforcement.

Not a professional tree guy but a retired registered Professional Engineer in a couple of states. One thing about concrete is it is it is weak in tension and needs either pretensioned for beams or rebar, It adds little to the overall strength to tree. In a vertical column the one side is in tension and will crack without reinforcement.
Absolutely, that is why it must be supported while wood is removed around it so that sections can be taken down.

In my experience on the construction site, if quarters are tight and the "tower" cannot be pulled over safely, a cherry picker and a crane would be called in to keep the worker away from the load, and the load stable while it is dismantled.

I took it for granted that anyone pumping vertical columns of concrete into a tree would be placing rebar into that pour. Maybe that was an assumption that that was not necessarily true.

I took it for granted that anyone pumping vertical columns of concrete into a tree would be placing rebar into that pour. Maybe that was an assumption that that was not necessarily true.
I've hit rebar and concrete, but never concrete with rebar

anybody pouring concrete into a tree probably isn't sharp enough to realize they need to put rebar in there for it to do anything even remotely structural

Latest posts

Back