Carb problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know from experience laundy detergent can etch aluminium. I learned the hard way, so take care what your doing with it on a saw. You could be lucky and it work but your gambling and could ruin it. Good luck
It's for things like carbide and HSS bits.

I didn't defend its use for cleaning carbs, there were no rebuttals, and this thread is not yet two pages long.

We're going from water slowly evaporating from the soil to imaginary explosions from peanut butter jars full of gasoline in 130-degree water.

If vapor pressure worked the way it has been suggested here, cars would explode when parked in the sun.

Clouds aren't caused by expansion. They arederst actually caused by condensation. Water vapor is invisible. If you can see it, it's not vapor.
Cars are not a sealed system like a jar. You apparently are familiar with the entire cloud cycle as currently understood.
All I'm saying is that I'm not playing with a vibrating closed jar of gas. If someone wants to then have at it. I knew a guy that used to heat a pot of gasoline on a wood stove to boiling them take it outside and dump it in the carb of a skidder in below zero to get it started. Won't do that either

Cars are not a sealed system like a jar. You apparently are familiar with the entire cloud cycle as currently understood.
All I'm saying is that I'm not playing with a vibrating closed jar of gas. If someone wants to then have at it. I knew a guy that used to heat a pot of gasoline on a wood stove to boiling them take it outside and dump it in the carb of a skidder in below zero to get it started. Won't do that either
Oh, man. Can we let this go? All sorts of sealed containers of flammable liquid get hot every day, and nothing happens. Put a gas can in your yard in the sun and crank the lid tight and see what happens. Nothing. Grab it and shake it. Nothing happens.

I didn't want to have to explain this, but: every liquid has a vapor pressure, and that pressure is related to temperature. This is the pressure at which liquid and gas exist in equilibrium. Gas is turning into liquid at the same rate that liquid turns into gas, so the pressure stops going up. If the liquid is in a sealed container, and the pressure is well below the container's safe pressure, nothing is going to happen. Example: gasoline in a peanut butter jar in a sonic cleaner.

Heat doesn't make the pressure in a sealed container go up forever. It reaches a certain point and stops. If this weren't true, takeout containers of soup would blow open.

If gasoline escapes from your peanut butter jar, turn the sonic cleaner off and take the jar outside to deal with it. It's not a big deal.

I'm not even recommending people use gas. It didn't work for me. I said that before I got a weird comment about defending it. When I said it worked perfectly, I meant it didn't blow up or catch fire.

It's about a billion times as safe as bringing a can of gas home in an SUV, which will probably be done by half a million Americans today.

Heat doesn't make the pressure in a sealed container go up forever. It reaches a certain point and stops. If this weren't true, takeout containers of soup would blow open.

Yeah, no. Increase the heat and increase the pressure on a sealed container of any gas. But I do agree, this is silly. Let's let this go into the dustbin.

Unbelievable.

The heat in a sonic cleaner does not continue escalating to infinity. It stops at a set temperature, and so does the pressure. EQUILIBRIUM.

Latest posts

Back