Some log truck pictures / 10 cord

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldfront

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Someone was questioning 10 cord on a log truck without a pup trailer on another thread I said I would post some pictures. I went out and measured it also stackable length 23' 3" X 8 foot high stakes X 8 foot logs according to the cord calculator that is 11.62 cord The ram on the front of the loader takes up a little space so he says it is an easy 10 cord load. It also has a hitch to pull a pup trailer. Also there are some pictures of our firewood stock pile at my work. He asked me if I want to buy his truck it's a 2004 he wants $94,000 I'm lucky I had the money to buy my Husky 372xp

That's a beautiful sight...... especially if you were outside waiting for its arrival at your house!:givebeer:

nice pile of logs!!!

how much are you paying for the wood again?

thats alot of wood to pay for that truck:dizzy: ..

Now that is how the 'big boys' do it !!! Wow what a site of logs. Thanks for taking time explaining things, and getting/posting the pics.

Thanks for posting pics

It was me who questioned 10 cord loads. The trucks that deliver to me are 3axle and not as long. They also stack the lengthwise. I thought I had a good sized pile of logs until a saw those pics - very impressive !

IdahoPanhandle Is a newbie

Interesting way to load.

I bet the DOT loves it..... not
Dots fine with it and that's how its always done in Upper MI.
Awhile back a smart guy said that there was now way one truck could deliver 20 cord of wood...well they do it daily in MI.

Thats quite a load ! Here in the northeast...... my FIL tells me if i ever buy by the grapple load, make sure the truck has the loader on the front behind the cab. The loader on the rear of the truck will not allow the long logs to hang off the back of the truck, resulting in a smaller load. Learned by experience, i reckon.

Wow, I would cry a river of joy if that truck was pulling up to my house.
Imagine running that saw for days on end....with plenty of wood for it to eat...
:clap:

Am I missing Somehting!

I have never seen logs loaded that way in British Columbia.Logs are always loaded front to back length ways.How do secure your load beside having the boom resting on the top of the load.Surely one of those logs could work it's way out on a trip with various turns,banks etc.
Lawrence

I have never seen logs loaded that way in British Columbia.Logs are always loaded front to back length ways.How do secure your load beside having the boom resting on the top of the load.Surely one of those logs could work it's way out on a trip with various turns,banks etc.
Lawrence

Those look like slashed 8s. That's why he's able too load that way. Tree length are always front too back.:cheers:

what does that load of logs cost to have delivered?
I paid $300 for a load, but that is because I work there, and it is tribal wood off the indian reservation, delivered to a tribal member $300, for elders $250 my wife is native. The driver said normally it goes for $85 a cord delivered.

Lawrence

The loads need to be secured with 2 chains or straps over the top of the load from front to rear and ratcheted down tight, it is perfectly legal and excepted way to haul here.

Trans 307.05 Chains. (1) All chain used as a tiedown device
shall be free of cracks, breaks and separations.
(2) Chain shall be constructed of welded steel links, at least
5/16 inch diameter and rated grade 7 or higher, with a minimum
working load limit of 4,700 pounds. Grade 4 chain may be used
if the diameter of each link of the chain is at least 3/8 inch diameter,
with a minimum working load limit of 5,400 pounds. The department
may, in its discretion, approve other grades of chain.
Note: Grade 7 chain is commonly known as “transport grade.” Grade 4 chain is
commonly known as “high test grade.”
(3) Chain shall be marked with a grade code embossed at least
once every 20 links. Grade codes are shown in Table 1.

I paid $300 for a load, but that is because I work there, and it is tribal wood off the indian reservation, delivered to a tribal member $300, for elders $250 my wife is native. The driver said normally it goes for $85 a cord delivered.

excellent price.

wish i lived nearby!!!!

Back