Echo Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mid '90s CS-4400 and a newer CS 670.
Also, a Makita 6400 that will not keep running,
and an old Craftsman that is better than the Makita.
Threw the Wild thing and Eager Beaver away.
Rich S.

Holy cats Bruce... you trying' to boost yer post count or what???

Great threads! :popcorn:

Gary
Hello Gary. No. I'm just Curious to know what other Makes and Models of Chain Saws are out there. There are a lot of Makes, and Models of Chain Saws that I have never heard of, before I joined AS, and would like to learn more about them, and Broaden my Horizons about them. That's all. Thanks. Bruce

2 newer ones, CS-400 & CS-306 dam fine units so far.

Not to mention Husky 335, 338, 350 & Stihl 028

The Echo part of the collection Runners only!

280 top handle
290 rear handle
3400 top handle

Most of the above are from the EVL series or time. And of course there is the huge pile of parts and non running complete saws.......Bob :dizzy:

I have a CS-306. I saw someone call it a TURD in another thread, but it starts easy and does what I need to get done around a suburban lot.

-walt

(Found the Echo thread :greenchainsaw:)

I have managed to get a few since my original post. They are 452, JD80 (echo 750), 900EVL, 1001VL and 100. Except for the 452, I would say that these others are from an era before echo's were neutered and became the saw to avoid. I think unless someone has an idea diferent that I now have all the echo muscle saws sold in this country. The 1001 is a powerhouse, but the 100 is my favorite, lots of power runs smooth and has a great sound.

I have a CS345 that I am rather unimpressed with....can't justify replacing it with a Stihl as I don't use it much...but I wouldn't buy it again.

Let me think....

Hmmmm....

Off the top of my head in the running dept. I think I have:

2 CS 4600
2 CS 5000
2 CS 8000 (Now that I think about it more there is actually three, but one it so modified it is hardly a CS 8000 anymore.)
1 CS 900EVL

There are a few other projects going on in the Echo catagory. We'll see when I finish them.

Mr. HE:cool:

My Wife has 2 cs346 carvers..quarter tip, 1/4 pitch bars.. She carves cedar stumps.. she also has an ms250.

I have a 900, 750, 660, 650, 550 and about 10 more... sold my twins and my 1001..

cs346.jpg

Back