0200T spark arrestor screen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frans

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I removed the screen only from all my 020s. I put the screen holder back in and screwed it in.
But today I worked with a guy who took the whole screen holder out. The saw sounds and cuts better than mine.
Is this going to ruin my saws if I do this as well?
Frans

The way I see it, that screen and the tubular baffle holding it becomes a ready-made second port for the saw when removed.

I believe this has to be a gimme from Stihl to pro operators. Just look at the design of it. When my 200T 3-screw is run both ways, what a difference when removed.... I mean after it accidentally fell out and got lost.

So lets keep it to ourselves, or the feds will mandate that Stihl changes the design. Shhh...

I have 3 020Ts. One w/o the spark arrestor, one with it but no screen, and one complete. The one w/o the spark arrestor cuts the best, but it is much louder than the others.

After my saws got stolen I had to buy all new. So the saws I have now are all CALIF. Carb complient- that means no real adjusting possible. But I will yank all those pesky screens out
thanks for all the replys
Frans

Oh I forgot...
Is the screw that holds in the spark arrestor screen necessary to keep in there. Does it hold the innards of the saw in place? Or can I chuck it too?
thanks
Frans

yes just remove the spark arestor. & suck in the dirt & dust.You get great powerful running saw. But burned up piston.

"yes just remove the spark arestor. & suck in the dirt & dust.You get great powerful running saw. But burned up piston."

You must run your saws backwards to get that much suction. One quick thought sonny, if there is so much suction in the ehaust then why does it blow and not suck?

Carl

I just want to ask all the nay sayers, why is it that when you take off the air cleaner, you carefully choke the saw to keep crap from falling in the motor, if you take the carb off you carefully blow it clean first then stick a clan rag in the hole once it's off to keep crap from falling in the motor, yet you have no problem leaving a big unscreened hole directly into the motor day in and day out?

I read that page. My point was that there is a vaccum pulse, but it is cancelled out by the huge pressure waves. What good would a screen do to keep out dirt? You have an air filter on the intake, should we put one one the exhaust? I am gonna put a screen over them to keep trash out like insects, but a screen wouldn't keep out dirt.

Carl

Originally posted by Lumberjack
I read that page. My point was that there is a vaccum pulse, but it is cancelled out by the huge pressure waves. What good would a screen do to keep out dirt? You have an air filter on the intake, should we put one one the exhaust? I am gonna put a screen over them to keep trash out like insects, but a screen wouldn't keep out dirt.

Carl

Why not just put a screen, it isn't that hard!:rolleyes:

Back