Echo Dealers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 346 I bought used for light limbing and trimming brush in fencelines. I like it real well. The only thing I don't like is that it pumps bar oil when idling, but thats minor to me. I would get another if I needed one.

my cs-346 i a kick arse little saw. it only knaws through bigger wood but i don't expect much from a saw that size anyways.
for cutting up the occasional bush or shrub or limb, you can't fault its effectiveness. it is the definition of a light weight saw.
btw my srm-230 trimmer is the best trimmer i have owned yet. the only flaw i have found is that if you are right handed its counter-clockwise spin throws more grass on your legs than el-cheapos that spin the clockwise.

Last edited:
Compared to what?

Compared to the big three, Stihl, Husky, Dolmar/Efco. At the same price point you get more performance for the $$ with the big three.

Having said that I like my Echo products. I have an old ass SRM2100 trimmer that won't die, a newish CS-440 chainsaw and a Mantis. All are competent performers that are well built. My CS-440 won't win any races compared to a Husky 350 or a Stihl 260 or maybe even a 250 but the quality is there.

Here is an ancient thread with some old info on my 440.
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=59217

My initial impressions still hold up, it is a solid machine.

It does not come out as much now that I have the 026 but I am not about to sell it, smooth, fuel efficient, quiet, easy to start, etc. I don't give a rats a$$ that it is slower than the 026, it is a nicely made saw that has a lot going for it and I like using it. Dollar for dollar, at retail prices Echo is not a great bargain- but threre are large numbers of them for sale on ebay and CL at huge savings, prices you never see for the better brands and that is what makes them a winner in my book. Heck, even if I had paid full price for the 440 I wouldn't feel cheated. It is a quality product, I think once you get yours going you will like it too. If not send it to me so I can keep mine going until I expire.

[Drunken rant /off.]

echo is one of the only products that makes there own p/c,they are polished to much higher standards than stihl or husky,supposed to have 60psi compresion with no ring installed and are one of the cleanest running saws on the market today.they also just merjed with shindiawa.

The reason I am asking about Echo is because they have approached me to be a dealer for them! I use to be an echo dealer back in the early 80's but distribator changes made them fade away around here and I have not seen a new echo in over 10yrs! So I am wondering mainly if they still are the quality they once were or not?

Not a dealer just an owner

I like mine dependable easy to start light weight. I always count when my friend starts his Stihl 1,2,3,4 which is usually followed by a shut the ---- up from him. Kidding aside all the saws talked about here are fine saws I just don't think ECHO gets the respect it deserves. On a side note I bought my saws from an authorized ECHO dealer for less than HD was selling them. Just gives you a chance to sell your services to them and a chance upgrade them or maybe sell them another saw. Something a big box store can't compete with. CAD is not a terrible thing

Last edited:
We were once (8 years ago) a Stihl and Echo dealer... Now we're just Stihl only. In retrosepct, best decision every made - Echo whored the market with HD and just about every local hardware store they could sign up.

No, we won't fix them... and let the customers take their frustration out on HD etc...

Back