Woodstove Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Old Reliable Tempwood

Here is my Tempwood downdrafter. I use about 5 cord per winter and the propane furnace does not come on unless I am out of town. House is a 24 x 40 ranch style so I am happy with this little heater.

Maplemeister:

attachment.php

Here's a stove that's been in Our family's homestead since the early 1900's. It's a Favorite Parlor Furnace model 20. I can remember my grandparents burning coal in it for years. Viewing windows are Mica.

attachment.php

Been heating for 6 years now with a Central Boiler SCL5648SB and it's in the building. Never liked the idea of standing in the rain and can hold a whole seasons supply of wood inside....dry. Building is 20' X 20' and the only thing I'd change is make the building a little bigger ;)

Here is the only photo I have of our Vermont Castings Catalyst stove...

Taken prior to buying the home a few years ago
P1013385.jpg

So far, it have proven to be sufficient to heat a 2800 square foot home, and routinely provides 8-10 hour burn times using soft woods.

Kevin, I like the OWB inside the garage like that! If I ever get one I'll do the same in my barn. Woods in there, so why not the rig too! :clap:

Here's Mine

Regency 2400 with airmate and fan. Door is dirty from having some longer logs a little too close to the glass.

2qw0bus.jpg

Another Regency

Regency2100.jpg

An 11 YO Regency 2100. The flue goes straight up to and through the roof, ~24' in total.

attachment.php

Vermont Castings Resolute (vintage 1985) on Slate tiles. Bought it last year for $300 off of craigslist from a nice old man who was switching over to a gas stove. Installed it myself--all told I spent less than $900. I really like this stove. If anybody knows where to get warming shelves for it, drop me a line.

Glenwood Modern Oak 116

View attachment 261408

Here's my latest acquisition. It's a 1907 Glenwood Modern Oak 116 with divided back pipe. It can burn wood but anthracite coal is it's real forte. It's a series match to the Glenwood cookstove in my kitchen also. This thing pumps out serious heat and only needs tending twice a day at 7am amd 7 pm.

Last edited:
+1 for the woodstock soapstone fireview...great company pricey but worth it...several years back got a tax credit for buying it, dont know if that still exists

Blaze King Ultra King model with cat, after 3 years buring it still suprises me how efficient this stove is. Also do not miss the constant adjusting of the damper, rather enjoy the bi-metal thermostat. Stove negatives: sometimes it overheats the house, due to the firewood dummy falling asleep before turing down the stove, thus waking up to 115 degree house, not fun.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Ok here is what I got,

sy2yza3e.jpg

This was built by my brother in about 1986, mine is the third home that it has been in, he built a bit fancier ones for the other two homes and I ended up with the handmedown. It has a heat manifold across the top on the inside, and one on both sides that you can see with the holes for air, with a variable speed blower mounted on the back. It is air tight with a thermostatic air intake. There are over three full sheets (4x8x1/4) of metal in this, it will make you grunt when you move it!!! Keeps my 1500 sq ft ranch toasty, we actually shut the propane supply to the furnace off through the winter.

Like that this thread has been resurrected.

2 years ago we bought a farm and moved the woodstove with us. Pic from the old house is on post #46. Our dog wasn't allowed in the room with the stove in the last house because we kept it as a more formal room. She suffered through 4 years of staring at the stove from the stairs. She is VERY happy to be able to finally lay in front of it.

View attachment 261540
View attachment 261541

Last edited:
Cleaning

take an old rag or crumpled newspaper, get it damp with water, dip it in the ash(cold ash) from the stove and rub into the build up on the doors. Will clean things rite up. I think i got this tip off of AS, a few years ago, it works great.

Latest posts

Back