Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Free pine timber (chaplin)

FREE TO A PERSON THAT IS A PRO WITH EQUIPTMENT AND INSURANCE, 50 60 FOOT PINE TREES, 8 ARE CLOSE TO MAIN HOUSE, THREE ARE CLOSE TO POWER LINES.
MUST TAKE ALL OR SPRAY THRU WOOD CHIPPER, SERIOUS ONLY PLEASE AND PHONE CALLS ONLY, CONTACT ???? @860-XXX-XXXX

http://hartford.craigslist.org/zip/1111637090.html

Still for sale here in the PDX area... for a lot of money. I mean a grand? For that ugly thing?

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/clt/1108652215.html

Lolol!
And if its really a 'Norwegian Troll', done by za real Norway dude, of an existing troll..............erm, I'd like some dox thanks! (um, yeh 'ugly' about says it all imho)
:monkey::monkey::monkey:

Really tho, some people's value on crap is beyond belief. Not just crap trees they figure 'Its a good deal just take it away! ' (clean up the debris, branches, fill in the ruts, re-sod the yard blah blah blah) :dizzy: Yee-haw type crap, but really, really drek. *insert barf smiley here*
As mentioned, its like cutting someone's lawn and getting paid with the clippings~ 'Valuable mulch in return for labour!'

Oh goody. O-o

Sheesh!

Cheers All!~

Serge

"Being stupid should hurt. "

Lerv it!

A lot and, it should be taxed, heavily, end of gov't debt soon in sight. :)

As a side thought on this fine evening, maybe it should be 'Being stupid should smell bad.' Then at least we would be forwarned, from a distance......... ;P

Last edited:
What!!

I WOUld have gone to the drugstore and got a forty pack of TROJANS...... Put every one of them ON and did him bleeding. Yep Tore him a new one!
I love chainsaws and women but if he liked it HE"S THE FAG!!!!
NEVER @#$% WITH MY SAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chicago

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/zip/1113536913.html

We have two trees that need to come down. You need to be insured/bonded for this job. We have an 80+ year old Black Walnut tree and a very large Mulberry tree that need to be removed. They are both very close to our house and the walnut is surrounded by a power line. We are asking you to take the wood in exhange for removing the trees. Thank- you for your consideration.

City folk with too much money and dont want to do anything themselves or have absolutely no clue what things should cost. Here you can get $70-75 for a full pickup of green birch split $100 if it is dried and you still make pretty decent money on that:dizzy:

Provocation

So danlauer6 mentioned turning down a black walnut. Is there any kind of tree that you would take down for free due to it's value (assuming that it is accessible)?

Or do you need the big logging equipment to make these kinds of trees valuable as wood / lumber / veneer / pulp logs?

Philbert

So danlauer6 mentioned turning down a black walnut. Is there any kind of tree that you would take down for free due to it's value (assuming that it is accessible)?

Or do you need the big logging equipment to make these kinds of trees valuable as wood / lumber / veneer / pulp logs?

Philbert
The risk is to high on a city tree for me to consider it. The replacement cost of houses , people , cars , sheds and power lines add up pretty quick when the wind direction changes. Once it is on the ground and the damage is already done I will go after some for firewood but never fall one in town. I try not to tempt fate too often.

Check out the pics

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/zip/1115527368.html

***FREE EUCALYPTUS FIREWOOD*** YOU CUT AND HAUL (watsonville)

Offered is Free Firewood. Approximately 40 Eucalyptus Trees to be Felled and Hauled Away. All Trees are in One Grove with Fairly Good Access. Need these Trees removed ASAP. Expect the responsible parties to remove the Trees Quickly, Cut the Stumps Off Low to the Ground, and Pile the Brush and Limbs for Burning. Trees are located on the property at 1000 Trabing Road (off Buena Vista), Watsonville. Feel free to come by and take a look.

How tall ya think those trees are? Pics could be deceiving.

Philbert

Philbert, You need to look at the costs involved to you in doing the work to remove, transport, and process the wood be it into firewood or into lumber. You also have your insurance costs, equipment costs( maintenance, new), fuel costs, and the perceived value of the wood you are removing as its counterpoint.
Big logging equipment is needed for big jobs. Networking with other fellas better equipped to do certain parts of the work, obviously at a cost, is a great way to keep your costs down and still achieve your goals. I had a buddy quit his stump grinding business and the fella he referred me to has a stump grinder and a Multtrac unit. He grinds the stump and lets me "play" on the Multi to move bigger pieces onto the trailer to take home for firewood or to sell to the lumber processer who gives me a fair price. Moving larger pieces makes the job go faster, less cutting, less cleanup of saw chips, saving valuable timber from just being firewood when its beauty merits a furniture future!
Only the incredibly rare and hard to find Nomadic Gold Leaf Tree is worth cutting down for free in residential settings.

Last edited:
Back