new to me saws!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new to me 026

Just got 'er yesterday and am in love. So light, so smooth, so nimble....Now, where's that Snelling guy....?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It was difficult to identify all of the saws but here they all are.
Is that a Hitachi cut off saw? If so, that thing is dang near bulletproof. I have one that's about 15yrs old. Bought it thinking it would only last a year or two and that's the way I have treated it every time I've used it. I've been hard on that saw and it will not die!!!

WOW Nice find man. It really sounds like you hate that 260.:givebeer:

runs even better now. The Snellerizer rebuilt the carb, put a new piston and rings in it after I modded the muffler. He claims only to have done that but I don't know, it just craves all the wood I can feed it. Not sure about the cut off saw, will ask my dad about it.

Wow!
some of us can only dream about scores like this! Very cool beans!

Per chance is the un-identified Homie the third from the back in the first pic?
It almost looks like one of the big XP models, like a 1100, just by the slotted air cover, if so a force to be reconned with beasty, but I could be totally wrong (sure wouldn't be the first time by any means, I stand to be corrected/slapped anytime :D )
I was thinkin' something like this one here> http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...ff66423cc8819f6388256d300062508b?OpenDocument
Erm, now I look at it it looks too small ta be one,
regardless, learn to acresinternet! One of the best resources for lookin up old stuffs, though sometimes lacking the pics :(
Its also a great place to just drool fer a bit :D

:cheers:

Serge

Skil Chainsaw Info/Parts

The Skil 1629 pictured in FATGUY’s 12-30-2008 post looks identical to my Skil 1644, only mine’s yellow. What’s the difference between 1629 and 1644?
Sadly, spares are virtually unobtainable and day is rapidly approaching when I’ll be forced to scrap it. Currently I’m hunting for a clutch spring (one of mine’s broken). Any one got ideas where I might source one? (Chainsawr World's largest inventory of Chainsaw Parts occasionally have few second hand bits, but I don’t know what’s interchangeable with other models.)

Any help would be much appreciated cos I love my chainsaw and would be sorry to see it go for the sake of a spring or clutch assembly.:msp_sad:

Max

Latest posts

Back