Need some hillbilly opinions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunbagone

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So my brother in law wrecked his 2000 dodge neon. Screw up alot of the front end. Its not worth fixing, too many miles. Its runs and moves now but will need a radiator and p.s. pump. Which im sure I can find cheap. What can I do with this? I was thinking truck bed on back? Around the house type thing. Shoot me some ideas. Fuel injected wood splitter?:cheers:

knee-on

Grab a sawzall and remove everything down to the floorpan. Oh, carefully keep the computer with the engine. IT is possible to isolate the engine wiring from the rest of the car. Anyway, rebuild the car with re-bar, making a flat bed hauler with one seat. Kind of like a Gator, only with a warp drive.
It needs a LOUD exhaust as well. Put on a bunch of off road lights.
Think "road warriors"...

Kind of what i was thinking as a hauler but my concern is the rear suspension. I guess I could "hardtail" it. or beef it up somehow.

A true hillbilly would just wire in a used radiator, screw the power steering and drive it...to get lottery tickets....Lanny:dizzy:

junk the sheetmetal, except the firewall and the roof over the front seats. Find a set of atv or tractor tires that almost fit, and mount 'em up. Strap in a used radiator, whatevers laying around will work. Add cup holders, the fancy swivel type. That should just about take care of it.:cheers:

A true hillbilly would just wire in a used radiator, screw the power steering and drive it...to get lottery tickets....Lanny:dizzy:

my dad was from ky and my mom from west virginia . i think this is the best idea . lottery and beer . hoot

AMATURES!!!!!

Bailing wire the new radiator in, take a sawzall, cut out the front fenders to allow a set of gumbo muddrs to clear on the front, the bigger, the better!
Take off the trunk, then sawzall across the roof right behind the front seats and cut off the rear pillars, remove the roof. Remove the back seat and rear carpet, LEAVE THE CARPET IN THE FRONT!!! Cut out the rear seat support and the trunk lip down as low to the bumper as you can!
The rear tires don't mean jack, I've seen them drive without them.
Take whatever you have lying around, tubing, re-bar, whatever and build a quasi roll cage/roof support and put some chicken wire, cattle fence whatever across the backside of that.
You MUST leave the stereo in and it MUST work, same as the heat and A/C. Just so you can SHOW that it does work!
Put the gumbos on the font, then a set of tire chains and you have a new wood hauler!

Yank the motor and take the POS B/S motor off the log splitter and replace with the Hemi or hemi wanna be-Yea Hah!

AMATURES!!!!!

Bailing wire the new radiator in, take a sawzall, cut out the front fenders to allow a set of gumbo muddrs to clear on the front, the bigger, the better!
Take off the trunk, then sawzall across the roof right behind the front seats and cut off the rear pillars, remove the roof. Remove the back seat and rear carpet, LEAVE THE CARPET IN THE FRONT!!! Cut out the rear seat support and the trunk lip down as low to the bumper as you can!
The rear tires don't mean jack, I've seen them drive without them.
Take whatever you have lying around, tubing, re-bar, whatever and build a quasi roll cage/roof support and put some chicken wire, cattle fence whatever across the backside of that.
You MUST leave the stereo in and it MUST work, same as the heat and A/C. Just so you can SHOW that it does work!
Put the gumbos on the font, then a set of tire chains and you have a new wood hauler!

Sorry Andy. I agree with everything else but a true hillbilly will use wire coat hangers instead of the bailing wire on the radiator.:cheers:

A buddy who owns a large boneyard sez Neon parts are one of his biggest seller...bought 6 at an online auction last winter, made $5K off of them in 2 weeks....

Latest posts

Back