Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nothin wrong with the fixed H just open the muffler up to tune the top end burble just right.

top end tuneing

isnt the top end tuned via tachometer or has that changed too?
and the h jet was for mixture?

I think mine had the fixed jet it my have been the 025, Anyway I took it off went to my local saw shop he traded me a high & low for my fixed high. It really did a lot for the saw.

can anyone tell me which carb this saw has by these pics? i should have this in my possession wed evening. i hope i didn't just jinx myself like i did a couple of weeks ago with a new 346 for $300. i really want to try one of these. i use a 34cc saw for limbing, but a 026 is the same weight and a lot more power.
attachment.php

attachment.php

can anyone tell me which carb this saw has by these pics?

Probably not, but it's not really a big deal either way. I have an early-'03 260 Pro, and it had a single-screw carb on it. Some older 026s and some newer 260s (pro and non) have two-screw carbs. I picked up a WT426 for about $30 on ebay, and sold my fixed-H carb for around $25, and the correct grommet was $2, so it didn't cost me more than $15 including shipping.

i am looking at an 026 (not a pro model), do these have L and H carb adjusments, or are there some that have only L's?

I got my 026 in 2000 and it has the fixed H. I have to be honest and say that I don't like it. The saw has never run properly in my mind. It tends to die out while idling and runs very unevenly. If I change positions while cutting it will idle down and often die. It's just a very frustrating saw to own truly. If I could afford another carb for it I would probably swap it out. About a year ago I got a 361 and just love it. Idles perfectly, has instant acceleration and tons of power. Night and Day from my 026. I still have the 026, I just use it for smaller stuff now.

I got my 026 in 2000 and it has the fixed H. I have to be honest and say that I don't like it. The saw has never run properly in my mind. It tends to die out while idling and runs very unevenly. If I change positions while cutting it will idle down and often die. It's just a very frustrating saw to own truly. If I could afford another carb for it I would probably swap it out. About a year ago I got a 361 and just love it. Idles perfectly, has instant acceleration and tons of power. Night and Day from my 026. I still have the 026, I just use it for smaller stuff now.

did you get the saw new? did you let the dealer look at it? sounds like an air leak.....

seems most saw techs tune with a tach to within factory specs.

theres only so far factory specs will take you.

i tune till the burble on the top end is just right. not to much not to little. after getn it where i think i want it ill cut wood at full throttle and then check the plug for color i like the plug to be very close to carhart brown

the 026 is a very easier muffler to mod, you can easily drill 1/8 or 1/4" holes one at time and check for top end burble each time. mine is a fixed H and is modded to probly 3 times more than factory opening, i also heated the deflector red hot and bumped it out larger from the inside of themuffler out.

rambleing sorry.

cant tell carbs on that saw but she looks clean

good luck you may get lucky and shes fully tuneable

Evan

Latest posts

Back