E L M A T A D O R Unleashed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That kind of squish is likely too tight without ceramic coating. Hitting the piston on the head is not your only concern. Watch to make sure you don't start eroding the piston away.

BTW, I never use LockTite on cylinder bolts. I've never had a bolt come loose(knock on wood:)). Stihl bolts are serrated on the bottom side as well.

Your idle speed in no way can affect the performance of the saw in the cut. It's not possible.

Crap Brad knowing what I know about dirtbikes, saws and manufacturing I wouldn't even run a NEW saw without tearing it down, blueprinting and loctiting everything. Even loose bolts with engine vibration can ruin the thread on tapped alum/mag cases. Theoretically torqued bolts shouldn't come loose, but Mr. Murphy is usually lurking in the shadows somewhere.:)

Hi Rick it sounds good.

I still think my 262XP will have it though:buttkick:

I was using that sucker today:)
Cut up a 15" Elm and a 12" Cherry. One of the guys asked for a try of the saw, When he eventually gave it back he went Bloody hell that thing cuts aggressively!
It looked well impressive watching someone else use it.

Hi Rick it sounds good.

I still think my 262XP will have it though:buttkick:

I was using that sucker today:)
Cut up a 15" Elm and a 12" Cherry. One of the guys asked for a try of the saw, When he eventually gave it back he went Bloody hell that thing cuts aggressively!
It looked well impressive watching someone else use it.

Waddup with that WORKED 62!?! I hear your squish is even crazier:clap:

That's what I'm talkin bout! Awesome story about the instafan Tommy:cheers:

I'm not worried about the squish right now. Although going into it, I was aware about pitting. I'm keeping an eye on that AND the secret sauce I coated the piston top/hemi chamber with:greenchainsaw:..and it's not ceramic and can be had by the masses for cheap.

I'm not going to debate about idle. Like I said, it's just what I have noticed. Think of it this way, the saw is taking off at 2700 instead of 2400 rpm. It has a 300 rpm head start with a different attitude. And yes, I have noticed the curve run much better from an ideal idle. It doesn't have to catch up in other words.

Hey, aren't you the one who told me my ring was going to catch because of my porting work:spam:...J/K!!!!!!!

Last edited:
MMM i dont think we will mention the squish Shhh!
Im thinking about fitting a pop up and ditch the gasket.

If i measure the squish 0.25mm in its 0.018" but the tiny bit at the end is 0.011" sorry for the mix of metric and old fashoned measurements:)

Apart from it trying to rip your hand off on start up it seems fine!

I got a 90° tool for the Dremel so if it fits i might just raise up those transfers as per TWs suggestion.

:hmm3grin2orange: I won't tell I swear!!!

A pop-up is a must to reach the next level of performance. But I'm fine as I'm enjoying the heck out of this saw right now. The super charger whine is back:clap: And the erie thing is...it's sounding like the 5100 when it takes off for a cut. Must be a Hot Rodded Dolmar thing.

What 90º tool is it? I'm looking for one also.

Tommy, if I had the killer cash I'd send you a piece of that canyon oak so you could make a vid to see what's up with that 262:sword::cheers:

Make a video!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah you want a nice fresh piece of Scots pine:chainsaw:

Ive got a nice new Windsor speedtip bar16" for the 262, I will try the 7 pin sometime as well.

Ive no excuse for not doing a vid as i have a Vado.

Cool beans bro.

Believe me, I'm looking for some green wood big time. I'm fired up as I need to try it.

I haven't cut any green wood with any of my saws!!!

All they have tasted is hardwood and brush.:spam:

Hey bud, what's that 90º tool for the Dremel, or you gonna hold out for an advantage:greenchainsaw:

Cool beans bro.

Believe me, I'm looking for some green wood big time. I'm fired up as I need to try it.

I haven't cut any green wood with any of my saws!!!

All they have tasted is hardwood and brush.:spam:

Hey bud, what's that 90º tool for the Dremel, or you gonna hold out for an advantage:greenchainsaw:

How about railroad ties?

:hmm3grin2orange:

That's crazy bro, I've eyed a pile that is laying on one of the lower terraces for a shore up job.

It's crazy what you'll look for to cut once chainsaw addiction sets in, LOL.

LOL. Believe me bro, I eyed them for a vid. You're right though, they're tough on chains.

I need some green for some fast times!

Latest posts

Back