Random pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rock:tom trees

attachment.php

Nice old truck, is it yours?

attachment.php

and 1 more. Anybody know where this is? Pretty much the middle of nowhere. I wouldn't be suprised if someone here recognized it, alot of Pa. people in here it seems.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just a big a$$ house near a job we're working on. It's hideous but interesting. If only they used real stone.

A few I took on a trip to Iowa last week. The first two are of the barn on the farm my Grandpa grew up on. This barn and storm cellar are all that is left. My cousin owns it now and tore the house down years ago. He put the tin roof on the barn around the same time which is probably why it's still standing. I looked for the footprint of the house but it was too overgrown. My cousin said it had no foundation so there is no remnant of it at all. All I found was a single old brick.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The last is a tractor on my Great Aunt & Uncles farm. I used to help around the farm on this one as a kid so it was my favorite. It's kind of depressing to see it now, has a problem with the rear axle my Uncle says isn't worth fixing and a flat rear tire. The building it's sitting in also looks ready to fall over.

attachment.php

A few I took on a trip to Iowa last week. The first two are of the barn on the farm my Grandpa grew up on. This barn and storm cellar are all that is left. My cousin owns it now and tore the house down years ago. He put the tin roof on the barn around the same time which is probably why it's still standing. I looked for the footprint of the house but it was too overgrown. My cousin said it had no foundation so there is no remnant of it at all. All I found was a single old brick.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The last is a tractor on my Great Aunt & Uncles farm. I used to help around the farm on this one as a kid so it was my favorite. It's kind of depressing to see it now, has a problem with the rear axle my Uncle says isn't worth fixing and a flat rear tire. The building it's sitting in also looks ready to fall over.

attachment.php

make sure that place is saved, my family no longer owns their ancestral farm and it breaks my heart to see it covered in McMansions.

I don't think they're going anywhere. One cousin bought the old farm and another bought my aunt & uncles farm. She bought it so they could stay there and plans to retire there herself. My grandmother still owns her farm but the cousin who bought the old farm lives on it. My mother & aunt have no interest in it and will more or less give it to him after grandma is gone.

What makes me sad is all the old buildings that are disappearing.

Back