Husky 385 won't open carb all the way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xander9727

The Silverback
Reaction score
I have a 385 that won't got to wot when you depress the throttle trigger all the way. If I depress the throttle trigger all the way I can still move the throttle cam on the carb another 20%. It's as if the cable is stretched. This is a new problem for me. What am I missing?

did you have it apart ?

or get it pinched and jerk on it to get it loose? sounds like the rod between the rear handle and carb has come out of it's seat in the rear handle assy.

It was an employee modification. :chainsaw:
I'm just dealing with the aftermath. They were cutting up a large log so there is a good chance they pinched it and jerked on it.
What rod are you talking about?
All I see is a cable.:confused:

some saws do have cables.

i forgot about that.you're gonna have to take it apart.

Never had any cable issues with the 372 or 385. Maybe the cable jumped the cam, but is still engaged giving exagerated cable length, but I'm sure you gave that some thought already.
John

There's an arm on the back of the trigger mechanism. It has to hit a stop in the handle before beginning to pull the cable. That part of the trigger was worn on my 394. Check it out before you spend $15 on a new cable.

Back