Thats me!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holzer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

my name is Johannes, and I live in Germany, I love working in my little forestry-buissnes that I do in my free time. Please do not take it bad that my language is a little rusty...
I have regisered here, because it is a great community and I often read in the threats secretly.
Now a few Pictures about me and what I am doing.

Thats me at home (with Husky 357):
pic_0104.jpg

Here is my main Toy(Mercedes-Benz Unimog 417):
pic_0877.jpg

pic_0020.jpg

pic_0049.jpg

And my working saws:
pic_0471.jpg

If you want some more pictures of me and my equipment just ask for it.

Greetings,
Johannes

thank you.
The Unimog is really great, it is such a small truck but it climbs every hill, goes through every muddy hole and pulls every load (slowly but ist does). It has only a weight of 3,7tons but you can put a 20,6tons-trailer behind it. It has 84horse power out of its 5,7l engine.
I love it even if it is not a cheap vehicle (its a Mercedes-Benz). You can ride to your job with about 50-60mph (max. 90km/h) so you leave every tractor behind.

That Unimog is the cat's pajamas. Is the skidder attachment a custom unit or are they built specifically for the Unimog? And don't worry, your english is far better than most on this site!

that skidder unit is nothing special in Europe. For Unimogs there were built special ones, but mine is a standart part, you can put it on every tractor it is for the 3-point lifting unit of it (do not know how it is called in english). It is made in Slovenia and is very good for its price. Is has an radio-remote so you can manage everything with it, it pulls 60kn (6tonns) thats enough for nearly all of our trees, just one oak was too heavy for it, but I know someone who pulled it out with his forwarder.

Greetings,
Johnnes

that skidder unit is nothing special in Europe. For Unimogs there were built special ones, but mine is a standart part, you can put it on every tractor it is for the 3-point lifting unit of it (do not know how it is called in english). It is made in Slovenia and is very good for its price. Is has an radio-remote so you can manage everything with it, it pulls 60kn (6tonns) thats enough for nearly all of our trees, just one oak was too heavy for it, but I know someone who pulled it out with his forwarder.

Greetings,
Johnnes

I'd seen skidder attachments that looked just like that for tractors here set up for a 3-point hitch. You're saying that you're unimog has a 3 point hitch as well? That's neat.

Welcome to AS.

That Unimog is awsome, but it has to be a white nuckle ride at 60 MPH empty.

yes, it "swimms" very much on the road... I am riding the most time at about 45MPH.

@Blakesmaster: It has a 3-point-hitch (thank you for that word) here some pictures (if you know it you can see it)
pic_0023.jpg
:

PICT2957.jpg

I thought is was against some german law to run husky saws in germany? Welcome and thanks for the pictures. :)

thanks, it is an unwritten law that I am breaking with that, about 40Miles from here is the Stihl-factory... But it gets better, Husky is coming, also Dolmar... but just joung costumers, the older traditional forestry-workers, and farmers ride just stihl-saws.
Greetings,
Johannes

Welcome!

That Uni-mog is awesome machine! There use to be a few around here but they have slowly died out over the years, still a 6x6 on one of the smaller Islands that is (from last report a couple of years ago) still doin farm work.
There are some great uni vid of 4x4ing over at You tube.

You know yer really zorched if you get stuck in one :D

And yes! More Pics!

Cheers!

Serge

Welcome to A.S Thats a very nice line up of saws . And I would really like to have one of them unimogs that is one awesome looking machine.:clap::cheers::clap::cheers:

Thank you all for taking me welcome...
I have found two more pics...
In the winter:
pic_0075.jpg

and in the summer-time:
pic_0948.jpg

And another great saw (unfortionally not working at present):
pic_0094.jpg

Anywhere on my hard disk have to be some more pictures, but I can not find them... maybe later.

Greetings,
Johannes

you can get Japanese mini trucks. Honda Suzuki and a lot of companies have them. They aren't registrable because the EPA got them banned but you can get them online delivered to you home with a lot of options. They are around 4k-12k witch is int bad i wish i saw them before i spent 10k on my ATV, but the ATV is the best thing i bought in the tight woods.
their are 100s of sites that sell them heres 1:
http://cajunminitrucks.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

Don't want to hijack but these things are great.
Not as good as that unimog but their cool

Back